Notable releases to come 2014

New Dephosphorus!!!!!! :kickass:

dephosphorus-350x342.png

Sample/review: http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2014/01/27/dephosphorus-ravenous-solemnity/

Necromunchkin...did you see this?

Because any of their other albums were "significant?"

Le Secret is quite good, although of course, in retrospect it feels "different", as in oh no, tricked into buttsecks again

Ecailles de Lune had its moments of good "under the moonlight, naked by the pond" post-rock

The rest is garbage, really.

And for the record Neige only sang on a couple Peste Noire songs. He never actually wrote any music for them.

i listened to a track from this earlier and i think it's significant how they manage to have a song with a chorus that goes "HAIL VICTORY" combined with that artwork and album title and still be on jewclear blast (a german label, mind) with no problems

i mean, you'd think METALHEADS AGAINST RACISM would be sharpening their keyboards and ironing their GEGEN NAZIS t-shirts by now

Le Secret is quite good, although of course, in retrospect it feels "different", as in oh no, tricked into buttsecks again

:lol::lol::lol:

Point taken. It was an honest question. I have never been a fan of theirs or that whole shoegaze bm movement so I wouldn't know if Alcest are significant in the grand scheme of all things metuhl.

So far, 2014 is off to a nice start.

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon: Best thing they've done since The Glorious Burden. Jon took over the production responsibilities and it resulted in (by far) the best sounding Iced Earth album to date. The bonus track/cover of "Highwayman", with guest vocals from Russel Allen (Symphony X)and Michael Poulsen (Volbeat), is awesome.

Behemoth - The Satanist: I know they don't get a lot of love around here, but their new album is fantastic. It's hard to find a review on this that isn't glowing. They no longer sound like a Black Metal band, a Death Metal band, or some combination thereof. They simply sound like Behemoth and very comfortable in their own skin. Hands down their finest moment.

Grand Magus - Triumph and Power: I'm not sure I understand the link to racism above. I've always been a fan of theirs, but I think this is my favorite. Great songs. Great vocals.

Persuader - The Fiction Maze: Heavily influenced by Blind Guardian. If you're interested in heavy Power Metal, this is a great release.

Primal Fear - Delivering the Black: Probably their best release since Black Sun. If you've heard their music, than you know what you're going to get. Although it's mainly paint by numbers Primal Fear, it has a bit more nuance and subtlety, and a consistency throughout.

New god damn Triptykon in a few months. Fuckin' cool.

EDIT: haha, I already "knew" that on page 1. Oops.