notebook advice

Massili

Jun 3, 2005
Hi guys

I'm planning to buy a notebook to work and id like to have some help since i dont know much about it.

I need something not so expensive that can handle DFHS, waves plugins, cubase sx3 and some vst's.

I just found it with 1 firewire connection and i dont think the stock hd would make it for the data stream and i dont believe a usb one will, so im not sure what to think bcause i'll get a fireface and it's fireware. Id like some help, thanks in advance!

People will recommend Mac Book Pro to you.

Just make sure you get a dual core processor (probably at least 2.2 ghz), 2 gigs of RAM and a 7200 RPM hard disk. you might want to pick up a 7200 RPM external drive as well. a USB hard drive will be fine, most likely. USB has a faster data rate than Firewire 400, just less bandwidth. so as long as you're not uploading pictures from your camera, scanning documents and reading samples at the same time, you're probably fine.

i went ahead and ordered a thinkpad from IBM, configured with the 2.5 ghz penryn core 2 duo (6 MB L2) and a single stick of 2 gb ddr2 (for easy upgrade later). I added the 120 gb 7200 rpm drive and asked for the linux build, and that alone saved me $130. It came last week and works awesomely