november 7 nc ziggys show

metal-mike

Jan 19, 2005
whos going to be there i for one am first time seeing opeth and nevermore cant wait to see both bands ill be the big guy wearing my the haunted hoodie and have a plan black cap on email me anyone from this forum who is going.:headbang: :headbang:

I skipped the Winston Salem show to see the one in Myrtle Beach instead. I wasn't too happy with the security at lame ass Sounds of the Underground, which was presented by Ziggy's so they lost my business, or at least when there's an alternative. I was rushing up to the front of the stage when Opeth played, because they were the reason I was there, and three! security guards grabbed me and told me to stop being a dick. If making your way to the front of the stage past the emo and hardcore kids makes you a dick, fuck you, I'll go somewhere a little less conservative.

By the way, I saw Into Eternity here in Fayetteville in a small club (Jesters). Absolutely brilliant, don't show up late, you have to see these guys. If I feel the need to take a break, it will be during Nevermore, because Into Eternity and Opeth cannot be missed. Check out Buried in Oblivion if you haven't listened to Into Eternity before, one of the top 3 or so albums of 2004.

Rex said:
My wife and I will be there, seeing all 3 bands for the first time. I'll have a Confessor t-shirt on.

if you were wearing a Confessor shirt at Sounds of the Underground this summer, i think I met you...me and my girlfriend talked to you for a bit, I was wearing a Tool shirt. dont know if that was you or not.

Rex said:
Nope, it wasn't me. I was too busy to get off from work to make it to that show. I really wanted to be there though.

ah, ok. I wouldn't worry about not going - except for their meet and greet, you didn't miss much. 30 minute set :(

Yeah, it was fucking awesome. Into Eternity and Nevermore were great, and of course Opeth was incredible. Great crowd, too.

I hung around afterwords and got pictures with all of them. They seemed real tired - I mean, they've been touring since like June, so its understandable. Anyway, same setlist as before, and Mike was fucking hilarious on stage. He said the three reasons they were on tour were:

1 - they love us.
2 - they have a new album
3 - Mendez and Axe will have gay sex with everyone after the show.

they did. it was great.

Fuckin awesome show, was right up front the whole time.

Got a question for you guys near the back/middle of the venue. Could you hear the technical trouble Akerfeldt was having for most of the show with his "clean" guitar sound? He seemed pretty frustrated with it, and I'm not sure if it was just coming from his monitor or was being pumped through the PA as well.

No, it all sounded perfect to me. I was just at the top of the stairs next to the PA system/sound board and we couldn't tell anything was wrong. They sounded perfect all night. I just assumed it wasn't coming through their monitors correctly.

I also noticed Warrell seemed to be having a trouble hearing his "in ear" monitor also. Or he seemed to be anyway. But I couldn't tell. He was pretty much spot on all night too. It just looked he was messing with it a bit more than he should have been.

But all bands were AWESOME and I'd never have known they were having any tech problems if Mike had not said anything.

The Evil Toucan said:
My girlfriend went with my best friend. She said it was awesome. I had to study for an accounting test :(
I saw them going at it behind a bush. I think she had to much to drink. Your friend actually invited me to take a dip, but I declined...

Into Eternity...Come on people, these guys are crap. Same recycled metal shit.

Nevermore....Warrell sucks live, other than that,:headbang:

Opeth...Pretty damn good, too bad the venue sucked. Met Per and Peter after the show, they are Swedish.

I gotta say, Ziggy's sucks. The acoustics in that building are absolutely wretched. Other than that Nevermore sounded okay. Jeff was kicking ass like I expected and Warrel didn't do half bad considering that he's sick...I think. The new Opeth material came off really well live. The Grand Conjuration was fucking sick. Too bad the video for it is pathetic. Heh, it was strange being one of the few guys not wearing black. Some of the high points of the night were: a) calling Warrell Dane a homo as this dude passed a camera by the people standing in line. I got the people behind me to laugh. b) This one dude that was wearing a Manowar shirt was fucking yelling some shit while Maiden was playing over the PA so I decided to be a dickhead and yell, "Maiden sucks!". Needless to say, the reaction I got was priceless. c) Oh, and I got my picture once again with my close personal friend Peter Lindgren. I didn't get to meet Jeff Loomis like I'd hoped but it's cool. Good times and hopefully some nice pics to go along with it.

Forest of Åsatrú said:
Into Eternity...Come on people, these guys are crap. Same recycled metal shit.

Recycled?!?! Please point me to another band that does EXACTLY what these guys do!! Cuz I can't get enuff of Into Eternity because they are FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!! So I figure since you make the "Same recycled metal shit" generic comment, please please please namedrop some more bands that do this "shit"...BECAUSE THAT SHIT IS FUCKING GOOD!!! :headbang:

ytse00 said:
Recycled?!?! Please point me to another band that does EXACTLY what these guys do!! Cuz I can't get enuff of Into Eternity because they are FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!! So I figure since you make the "Same recycled metal shit" generic comment, please please please namedrop some more bands that do this "shit"...BECAUSE THAT SHIT IS FUCKING GOOD!!! :headbang:
Imagine Children of Bodom and Hammerfall having a kid. That child's name is Into Eternity.

They don't "suck at playing music, they just "suck" at being original. Too bad really, the singer is such a nice guy.