Novembers Doom on the cover of Metal Maniacs this month

NvmbrsDoom5

Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Walked into Waldenbooks today and surprisingly saw our gruesome mugs staring back at me from the magazine racks. The October '05 issue hit the stands today, and the cover story bands are Nevermore, Black Dahlia Murder, Hypocrisy and Novembers Doom. There's a pretty cool two page color spread about us in there with a blunt interview with Paul that's a pretty good read. So go out and pick it up if you can, there's alot of good stuff in this issue actually. :)

NI1.jpg

There's a pic, so everyone knows what to look for. :wave:

Wow! Congratulations on making the cover, I'll pick it up this week.

I saw your buddy at the Megadeth show tonight, Larry. Also, my sheer hatred of Dream Theater has tripled in the last 3 hours. :yell:

BlackwaterNymph said:
Wow! Congratulations on making the cover, I'll pick it up this week.

I saw your buddy at the Megadeth show tonight, Larry. Also, my sheer hatred of Dream Theater has tripled in the last 3 hours. :yell:

Why do you hate Dream Theater that much if I might ask, BlackWaterNymph? I quite like their last two albums myself. Or did they play at that Megadeth show and performed their Metallica-covers, haha!

Anyway; congratulations on being on the front of this magazine, guys!!

That is really cool!! I used to get that mag all the time.
Then when I discovered sites like Blabbermouth and www.bravewords.com, I realized that I could find most info a lot quicker online!!!
I will definitely keep an eye out.

BlackWaterNymph - Why you hating on Dream Theater? They are a truly amazing band. I think that their album "Scenes from a Memory" may be one of the best metal albums of all time. I know some folks write them off as a band for Guitar geeks only, but there is a lot more to them than just shredding and guitar wankery. Give em a shot sometime. You might like em.....

No Metallica covers, but they did play Cemetery Gates as an encore with the vocalists from Fear Factory and Life of Agony helping out on growls, and Mustaine jumping onstage for a solo.

They ARE very good musicians, but that was the longest hour of my life. I don't like the vocals, or the 6 minute long jam sessions in every song. :zzz: Not the band for me.

I also see Nevermore on the cover of this magazine ...must buy.

I've only gotten into Dream Theatre recently. I like the newer material off the last 2 CDs where the songs are more structured. It's those moments in their music where they take that sharp left turn, just to show the listener how technical they can be, never sits well for me. I guess I like their Radio friendly songs more.

Novembers Paul said:
I've only gotten into Dream Theatre recently. I like the newer material off the last 2 CDs where the songs are more structured. It's those moments in their music where they take that sharp left turn, just to show the listener how technical they can be, never sits well for me. I guess I like their Radio friendly songs more.
My favorite song off ovtavariuakm is probably "I walk beside you"....
I'm not gay.

haha, I don't think James with that french-cheese-last-name is gay either. Dream Theater together with Mustaine, Burton and Keith playing a Pantera-song. Wow. We don't see that over here in Europe.

Anyway; like Paul, I only got interested in Dream Theater 2 albums ago. It has that same seventies sound that I like in a band like Opeth or Katatonia. Well, those bands are very different from Dream Theater anyway, but they use the same liberty in their songwriting that was more common in the seventies. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

I understand what you mean Marc. I think that can also apply to the last few albums of a band like Amorphis as well? Same with The Gathering, I'd say. And I am a fan of that musical approach myself.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Walked into Waldenbooks today and surprisingly saw our gruesome mugs staring back at me from the magazine racks. The October '05 issue hit the stands today, and the cover story bands are Nevermore, Black Dahlia Murder, Hypocrisy and Novembers Doom. There's a pretty cool two page color spread about us in there with a blunt interview with Paul that's a pretty good read. So go out and pick it up if you can, there's alot of good stuff in this issue actually. :)

Getting back on topic, check it out. It's a pretty cool interview. The interview may be blunt, but it's honest. No sugar coating here at all. :D

I like sugar coating. Especially on puffed rice like Sugar Crisp.

But anywho, I'll have to pick this one up. Looks like it's got a couple interviews I may be interested in. Not to mention I could win a Demons and Wizards shield.

Picked this up today. Used to be a subscriber, till it ran out. Gotta get back to that again. Anyway, the new Nevermore CD (Which I also picked up today) is killer, Paul's interview is great too. Any exposure you guys can get is good. And the Gigantour stops locally here in about 3 weeks...must go see that!

FrostGiant said:
No way man. I need that shield to go along with my Luca Turilli sword and Blind Guardian cod piece.

I just picked up the new Rhapsody, Symphony of Enchanted Lands 2. Wow is that album symphonic haha. It's also got a bunch of stuff with Christopher Lee doing narration on it.