Novembers Doom on the cover of Metal Maniacs this month

BalanceofPower said:
No, I had to go to catholic high school until I got kicked out my sophmore year haha. After that I went to Niles West high school.

Ok, gotcha. Just curious if we maybe knew some of the same people.
I graduated in 93.
Not much metal used to go on in the Niles area, except for some people from local bands who used to work at Minstrel Music on Milwaukee Ave.

kleo706 said:
Newsbreak in Swansea, MA carries Metal Maniacs. You'd get on 195 towards Fall River, take exit 2, go right at the end of the ramp, and then it's near the McDonald's a couple doors down from the Japanese steakhouse. And you can buy some of my CDs while you're down here...

Funniest post I have read online in a long time!!!
Good job!!!

Jasonic said:
Ok, gotcha. Just curious if we maybe knew some of the same people.
I graduated in 93.
Not much metal used to go on in the Niles area, except for some people from local bands who used to work at Minstrel Music on Milwaukee Ave.

I had friends who worked at Minstrel music, funny you mention that place, I bought my very first guitar there. I also took my first guitar lessons there. Small world man.

kleo706 said:
Uh jasonic... if you read Wolftribe's request, that is my only on topic post on this forum in like . . . 3 years? You see, Swansea, MA is within 20 minutes of Providence, RI.

Just read it as if Swansea is, like, 1000 miles away from Providence. It's a lot funnier then. :tickled:

BalanceofPower said:
I had friends who worked at Minstrel music, funny you mention that place, I bought my very first guitar there. I also took my first guitar lessons there. Small world man.

Who did you take lessons from? Was it from a guy named George by any chance? I don't know, he may not have worked there in over 10 years by now for all I know. I haven't lived in that area for quite a while.

kleo706 said:
Uh jasonic... if you read Wolftribe's request, that is my only on topic post on this forum in like . . . 3 years? You see, Swansea, MA is within 20 minutes of Providence, RI.

Kleo, sorry. I didn't see Wolftribe's post!!!

Jasonic said:
Who did you take lessons from? Was it from a guy named George by any chance? I don't know, he may not have worked there in over 10 years by now for all I know. I haven't lived in that area for quite a while.

Yeah it was George! He was all into Jimi Hendrix. I took lessons there when I was like 12 or something, that would have been 1994. Maybe 92 or 93 even, I don't remember. That's funny man, what part of Chicago you living in now?

BalanceofPower said:
Yeah it was George! He was all into Jimi Hendrix. I took lessons there when I was like 12 or something, that would have been 1994. Maybe 92 or 93 even, I don't remember. That's funny man, what part of Chicago you living in now?

My girlfriend at the time and her friend were big fans of his band SPHYNX.
That is how I knew of him.
I actually bought a Rickenbacker bass there about 6 years ago.
I now live in sunny Lombard!!!! Woo hoo! I was actually stoked that you guys played in Wheaton since it was only 10 minutes from my house.
My parents live in Des Plaines, and I work in Buffalo Grove, so I am still up your way all the time.