Novembers Doom update - The Novella Reservoir

Depends on what she means, is she referring to me or Mike? He looks sort of blonde in the pics. She's on my myspace page, she ought to know who I am and what I look like by now ;)

I don't do anything special for my hair besides shampoo and condition it. Taking care of long hair doesn't seem that hard to me, I never understood why people make such a big deal of it.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
I don't do anything special for my hair besides shampoo and condition it. Taking care of long hair doesn't seem that hard to me, I never understood why people make such a big deal of it.
Even my girlfriend when we are in the car listening ND says:"hey, look what nice hair has the blonde guy". Then I say her:"stop doing that and listen the music!"
But seems like she prefers Madonna instead, damn girls...
PD: Herbal essences ? :Smug:

I meant this guy on the right dudes.. I thought Mike had black hair?

03novdoomhe7.jpg

LOL No, Mike never had black hair. You're thinking of Brian Whited, the bassist who joined us right after we finished recording TPHD, and made his first appearance with us in the video for "The Pale Haunt Departure". Because Brian was already in the band by the time TPHD hit the stores, alot of people were confused and thought Brian was Mike, and vice versa. I assure you they are two different people. :)

Mike is/was a member of other known Chicago bands as Disinter and Nachtmystium, and most recently welcomed the birth of his first child! I'm not sure what's going on with him musically as of late, but he posts here once in a blue moon still :D

Septembers Marc said:
Maybe I'm missing out on something, but do you actually have a new steady bassist, or are you using a temporary guy on the upcoming tour? Having to deal with changes in the line-up sucks!

We're using Chris Djuricic for the tour. He's our studio engineer, who recorded The Knowing, Pale Haunt and Novella. He also played the bass on Novella.

We've not had much luck with bass players all along. Things always end up going south either musically, or personally. Sometimes real life gets in the way, and it makes things difficult to move forward the way the rest of the band wants to.

It's a shame, because our last bassist Brian fit us musically like a glove. Real life got in the way.

Thanks Larry,I remember seeing those pics with Brian at that venue you guys we're playing somewhere back in April.. :)
Still I have some questions regarding some dudes I'd never heard of.
Who the hell is Eric then and who played that Piano thingy on TWTF.
I never heard of Chris either,sorry chris,hope I get a chance to meet you in November and I thought there was a James also playing in the band.. I think I'm lost right?

:Smokin: Swallow The Sun will also release their new album in February. .Already looking forward to that month...

I didn't know Mike was in Nachtmystium.

Oh, and if you saw Brian and Mike together, you could easily tell them apart as there is about a one foot height difference.
(I am not knocking Brian, as I am on the shorter side myself).

Question regarding the track that will be avail. on Halloween.
Sorry if this has been explained already.
Will it be a stream of the new track, or will it be a downloadable file?

Yes Angeleyes, you are lost, lol ;)

"Eric" is Eric Burnley. He was our guitarist from 1997-2002. He played guitar and wrote a large amount of the material on "Of Sculptured Ivy...", "The Knowing", and "To Welcome The Fade". He also played keyboards on said albums. He relocated to St. Louis not long after the release of TWTF and then we found Vito in early 2003 who replaced him. Eric posts here occasionally as Chupe666.

Eric also played some keys on "The Pale Haunt Departure" as well. He is still a good friend of ours.

"Chris" is Chris Djuricic, as Paul already mentioned. He is/was our studio engineer on "The Knowing", "The Pale Haunt Departure" and "The Novella Reservoir". He's a guitarist/bassist who has played with bands like Wrath and Jungle Rot over the years. He did the basswork on "Novella..." and will be joining us for the tour on bass.

The only "James" I can think of that has anything to do with us is James Murphy, who did the mastering work on "The Pale Haunt Departure" and "The Novella Reservoir". He's a well known guitarist who has performed with bands such as Obituary, Death, Testament, Disincarnate, and more. James has never played with the band, only worked with us in terms of studio mastering. He also has his own forum here at UltimateMetal.

So here endeth the history lesson for today. Hopefully this brings you up to speed.

Ohh,I had no idea,so it is Eric who sing on "Torn"? (and don't give me the "Ugh Torn" now you hear! I just try to figure it out,in anyway my compliments to Eric for "Dreams to Follow" it's very beautiful!

I know some Obituary and Death and all,but I really don't know James,I'm sorry again,I'm sure tho he did a great job on the new upcoming album! He must be old then, I mean if he was playing in Obituary and Death that's classic stuff,right?

edit:It just happens to be that I discovered Metal music since 2 years ok,and I have the feeling I'm still in an exploring fase when it comes to bands their music and stuff,I only know about ND since April..

I think James Murphy is in his late 30's, like almost everybody else around here, haha!!!! He's a great guitarist, you could compare him to Alex Skolnick of Testament. At least in my opinion. James is a bit more extreme in his taste and playing. I think he even played in Testament at some point. And didn't he, like Chuck from Testament and Chuck from death, suffer from (brain)cancer some years ago? Anyway, his playing is very recognizable. You could listen to "Cause of Death" from Obituary or "Spiritual Healing" from Death.

Septembers Marc said:
I think James Murphy is in his late 30's, like almost everybody else around here, haha!!!! He's a great guitarist, you could compare him to Alex Skolnick of Testament. At least in my opinion. James is a bit more extreme in his taste and playing. I think he even played in Testament at some point. And didn't he, like Chuck from Testament and Chuck from death, suffer from (brain)cancer some years ago? Anyway, his playing is very recognizable. You could listen to "Cause of Death" from Obituary or "Spiritual Healing" from Death.

Yeah, I saw Testement with Murphy back in 95 I guess on Staten Island. It was Testament unplugged, which was interesting and cool. Small club. James Murphy is a great guitarist.