Novice Vocalist and Using Audacity

Carpe Mortem

Benevolently Batshit
Aug 21, 2013
Hey how's it goin, I just got a computer for the first time in two years and I've been recording vocal covers on my phone mic during that time.

I downloaded audacity and even though I've figured out how to clean up my samples one by one, is there any way to apply general changes for eliminating static down the board? I've got about 100 audio files here.

Also I wanna start using a decent, preferably computer-connected mic to get some better quality and better control, preferably available at Meijers or any run of the mill store since I live in buttfuck nowhere. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Just so you kinda understand my request a bit more: novice vocalist who has practiced actual singing for years, and is content, but has no understanding of equipment or programs. I'm hoping to get some decent recordings of myself either covering songs or improvising over instrumental songs so I can finally put them up on craigslist and get my first project underway.

Voice style varies. Greatly. I'm novice, not sure what I like best yet. Leaning towards Candlemass, mixed with Clutch, mixed with generic screams and growls. I like how I sound imitating clean Gwar too.

Thank you for your help :Smokedev: