The Audacity & Line 6 Question Thread

Thoth-Amon

Hypochondriac
Apr 4, 2006
I posted this on the musicians discussion forum also... I know this isn't the most appropriate place for this question but I know that more people view this forum than that one so maybe I can get some help from someone here who might not see it on the Musicians Discussion forum.

ok... so i just started getting into computer/home recording. I've got Audacity on my computer and I just bought the Line 6 Tone Port digital interface with the GearBox software. I can't for the life of me figure out why it isn't recording on Audacity. I can hear the tones in the headphones so I know the interface/program is working but when I got to record on Audacity it doesn't show any sound whatsoever on the track. Nothing. Is Line 6 not compatible with Audacity or am I simply missing something here?
Any comments would be appreciated thanks.

"Play new track while recording it" option?

Yeah, that took me a while too...!

Also; good luck with home recording. I do all my noise recordings in Audacity, and edit them there to.. Such a useful freeware!

I use it to edit out the annoying parts of songs I keep on my computer. I love it. :lol:

^No offense, but that's really retarded. I mean, annoying interludes I can understand(say hi to Testimony of the Ancients) , but parts of songs...:lol:

Audacity is ace, I would hardly be able to do anything for my ambient project without it. I've tried using other recording/editing programs, but nothing is as easy to use as Audacity.

I use Audacity to record all my interview podcasts. I like it because it is so stupidly simple. Very easy to use. The price isn't bad either.

Just curious Thoth-Amon, did it not record because you had to select the proper option from the drop down menu? That drove me nuts before I figured that out. Then when I did I felt like a total retard. :D