now i know why metallica has that song thats like "KILL KILL KILL" or whatever

and here is why, remember that fucking dipshit listener1245? well i also frequent the forums at musicanforums.com and since Listener's appearance and disappearance here, he has shown up twice, and just showed up again today for a third time, and my desire to kill him is very high. Whats especially annoying is the fact that if people just ignore him he will bump his own post like 3 or 4 times stating the same arguments. His new one is "Iron maiden has been around since 1978, and have 120 songs, but rancid has been around a lot less and has 130 songs, this is lazy" So my real reason for posting this is im paying well for someone to just shoot me in the face

I am generalizing, but punk typically takes less talent than metal. Not that there's anything wrong with the music (I like Rancid's new CD).

Punk to an extent is Really bad metal With terrible vocals and less distortion of course that all depends on the metal lol like say it takes alot more talent to play Power Metal than it does to play Punk Ummmmm lol I forgot where I was going with that But anyway Punk is EASY to play Metal is NOT lol so just ignore the little bastard or out wit him and if you can run him off the boards Gang up on the lil fucker :p it seems to work here :)

I dunno, trying to generalize that all punk is 'bad metal with terrible vocals' is like saying all metal is 'complex music with guitar solos'. There's plenty of brilliant punk musicians and songwriters. Maybe the vox aren't your cup of tea, but proper 'singing' would sound pretty ridiculous with most punk music anyway.

Punk is nowhere near metal. The typical generic punk bands of today far outnumber the truly talented songwriters in the genre, so it would generally be right for someone to say that punk is boring, unoriginal, and doesn't show much talent. I have a really good musician's ear and when I listen to punk, all it basically is is some dead fuckin simple power chords and a few relatively easy picking sequences. I, for one, hated Rancid's new album. I haven't bought it and I still won't after listening to my friend's copy.

If you hear the lyrical content on some of these punk songs, they all typically talk of 3 things, possibly straying a tiny bit, but they tend to stick to 3 main points.

1.The effect grls have on guys
2.I hate (insert any word here)
3.Relationships

Punk is the easiest category to 'make it' in, because the general public loves punk anything. It's easy to move to, it's a big trend, and it's things everyone can relate to. Punk is vastly overrated and the few good artists in it are ending up the less-noticed ones. If I can pick up 4 friends o mine, a guitar, a bass, a set of drums, and some random lyrics about 'I can't be what you want me to be' or something, suddenly I'm a kickass punk band! Love ME!!!

...sry for bein all longwinded n shit but I really think punk is a relatively boring genre of music and the whole concept of the punk attitude that goes along with it is useless. 'I hate this so im gonna REBEL even though it won't do anything, but FUCK IT!'

hahahaaaaha :)

NocturnalSun, don't EVER talk about punk again. You have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about.

For a clue: punk almost always deals with two themes: politics and enviromental issues. Also, drug use and promiscuity go into a lot of sxe punk bands' message. Punk almost NEVER is about relationships. If it is, then it's not punk.

Another thing, EVERY genre is populated with clones and generic rip-off artists, metal included. For every maudlin of the Well you have a couple hundred Vital Remains (god that band gives new meaning to the term generic). So, it can easily be said that metal is a lackluster and dead genre with only a few innovators, like EVERY STYLE OF FUCKING MUSIC. Grow a brain, simp, or start using the weak one you have.

maiden owns rancid

but i love punk and i love metal, i like more i think its called street punk, its kind of the fast punk shit like casulties, minor threat, and dead kennedys.

well damn, LuminousAether, I was givin my fuckin opinion not readin out of some Punk 101 textbook... apparently i said ur mothers a $2 whore by the way ur gettin pissed off @ me... chill dude

how does politics enter in punk? I don't hear any bands singing about laws they hate or the corrupt government. Environmental? what is that anyway... the sky is blue? be more specific dude.

And yes, it's a fuckin GIVEN that every genre has its weak and generic shit, but I was just saying that punk rock has far more generic shit than any other genre. u need 2 chill the fuck out or go punch a wall n get ur random anger out hahahaaa :)

Well, Luminous, Nocturnal, you are in a sense both right. True fundamentalist punk - while simple musically - was movement of political and social values. What is considered punk by today's standards is that garbage emo stuff being thrown at music listeners on a constant basis.

The first two Offspring CDs can be in a way considered punk, although they would probably given the general label alternative. Unfortunately, what is considered punk is the drivel like Blink-182 and the like.