Now Listening To thread

On vinyl...........
sanctuary-refuge-denied.jpg

So like just that one tune over and over?

For the record, I think Elton has a lot of cool tunes....
This one was always rather meh, though I guess lyrically is a different story.

The majority of their albums are great. I like Machine Head, but I know exactly what you're saying. That seems to be THE album most talk about. It also seems to be the album that a collector will have but they won't have any other DP albums, yet they'll call themselves a fan. Very suspicious though about their new album coming out in April. It's been a long time for them.

They had one a few years back, Rapture of the Deep.
Can't recall the exact year.

As much as I like DP, I can't say I really care about a new album or not.
I care about a new album if it increases their chance of another tour, as the past like 3 or 4 times they have come I have not been able to go, which is why they are close to the top of my NEED TO SEE LIVE list.

They had one a few years back, Rapture of the Deep.
Can't recall the exact year.

As much as I like DP, I can't say I really care about a new album or not.
I care about a new album if it increases their chance of another tour, as the past like 3 or 4 times they have come I have not been able to go, which is why they are close to the top of my NEED TO SEE LIVE list.

It was 2005. That's a long time. The thing too with a new album in terms of a tour is it would mean they'd probably cut something to put a new track or two in, which I'm not saying it's gonna be bad, but I sorta doubt it being as good as their older material.

Well, yeah, but that's a given.
I mean if you spent 2 years in the studio recording an album, you would want to perform a couple of your fav tracks.
Since I have never seen them, I would be happy no matter what the setlist, but of course would wish for the classic staples that many long time fans are sick of seeing.

Well, yeah, but that's a given.
I mean if you spent 2 years in the studio recording an album, you would want to perform a couple of your fav tracks.
Since I have never seen them, I would be happy no matter what the setlist, but of course would wish for the classic staples that many long time fans are sick of seeing.

They were great when I saw them. The only issue was "highway star", because Gillen just can't get up that high anymore and shouldn't attempt it.