Now Playing (The Infamous Topic Returns)

Broken- Sonata Arctica

Going through a bit of a Sonata fangirl period at the mo. This has become a bit of a fave.

Is 'Watershed' good? I'm probably going to buy that and 'Praises to the War Machine' next month. I'm a bit strapped after buying my laptop but on the bright side when I finally go to more gigs later on this year you lot will get pictures!

Broken- Sonata Arctica

Going through a bit of a Sonata fangirl period at the mo. This has become a bit of a fave.

Is 'Watershed' good? I'm probably going to buy that and 'Praises to the War Machine' next month. I'm a bit strapped after buying my laptop but on the bright side when I finally go to more gigs later on this year you lot will get pictures!

Yes "Watershed" is good. It doesn't follow the path of Ghost Reveries, so consider that in your estimation of "good". I'd say it's a bit less accessible, and a bit more of a reformation towards their earlier work.

I enjoy much of "Praises of the War Machine". My favorite song there is easily "The Day The Rats Went To War", so cool that you are probably nabbing that one too.

N/p: Sage Francis - Slow Down Gandhi

Adagio - Children Of The Dead Lake

Had to dig up the "Dominate"-CD to listen to Gus Monsanto who Tolkki has picked up to fill the frontman's post in Revolution Renaissance. GM sounds quite impressive with Adagio, can't wait to hear him doing Tolkki's new songs made particularly his abilities in mind.

Dead eyes see no Future - Arch Enemy

I go through phases where I love AE then I change my mind.

NP: Benighted - Opeth

God I want that new Opeth album....

She is my sin - Nightwish

Rocking some old school Nightwish.
Didn't After Forever do a cover of this? I'm looking for it but not having much luck. This would really suit Floor's voice.

Yup, they did it live two years ago but except this fan filmed clip on youtube (url below), I'm not sure there are any official versions avialable.

w-w-w.youtube.com/watch?v=TC4oRqcadVk

n.p. Revolution Renaissance - Heroes

Heaven's a lie -Lacuna Coil

Not a big fan but I like some of their stuff. Wasn't a big fan of Karmacode but I'd like to see them live at some point

Pyramaze - Caramon's Poem.

I've been listening to this song a lot since nabbing their new album. I do love me some classic Dragonlance. It's kind of making me want to read both the Chronicles and Legends trilogies for the nth time. Score one for Pyramaze for making this song and keeping the a true classic fresh (unlike that disappointing animated dvd).

Chimaira - Power Trip

This is totally my band for RIGHT NOW. It seems every few months I fall into a band and listen to little else besides them for awhile, Chimaira has become that band for me. Well, God Forbid too, but mostly Chimaira. They are quite skilled for such and aggressive band and they have a growler who actually sounds like he's speaking English when he sings instead of gibberish. I can't exactly describe what it is that makes them special, besides some great solos here and there, but to me they definately stand out of the pack as one of the best New Wave of American Heavy Metal bands out there. I'd rather listen to these guys than Lamb of God anyday... and I really like Lamb of God.

My favorite "block" of songs from them is right in the middle of their Impossibility of Reason album, Power Trip - Down Again - Pure Hatred - The Dehuminazion Process, a killer lineup of back to back songs I haven't enjoyed since the first 5 or so songs on Century Child.

^ +1 about 'The Escapist' instrumental. I still think they could have replaced 'Master Passion Greed' with 'The Escapist' and 'Dark Passion Play' would have been much better!

back on topic:

NP- Kali Yuga pt2- Therion

I really hope we get to hear pt3!