Now Playing Thread

i've noticed that profanity's posts here have been more worthwhile than most of his anywhere else. i welcome him. but his humor is an aquired taste.

As long as I have breath in my body, there will be no "Now Playing Threads" in this forum. And neither will there be any "Say something nice about the previous person" threads.

Nevertheless, I'd like to see reasons to ban Profanity so let's put this thread to some use....

I think his useless short and obvious statements stop the "flow" so to speak, of a discussion or a general conversation. And on a personal level I find his pathetic posting for the sake posts extremly annoying

Profanity said:
Why?

It doesn't seem too out of place on a Metal discussion board.

We don't practise democracy in here so don't bother; all here hail the Führerprincip

i dunno, profanity doesn't bother me. in fact, his posts crack me up a lot of the time. they may in fact stop the "flow" only for a short second, for me its a short second to laugh and move on.

So ignore him. Who cares? By banning him you become everything you hate; the man, the government, a republican, your parents--all rolled into one. He is probably a lonely guy looking for someone to talk to, but he has yet to figure out how best to go about it.

Well, Profanity suffers from Aspergers Syndrome. Neither should his posts be perceived as funny or harmful.

Barbara Kirby said:
Persons with AS show marked deficiencies in social skills, have difficulties with transitions or changes and prefer sameness. They often have obsessive routines and may be preoccupied with a particular subject of interest. They have a great deal of difficulty reading nonverbal cues (body language) and very often the individual with AS has difficulty determining proper body space. Often overly sensitive to sounds, tastes, smells, and sights, the person with AS may prefer soft clothing, certain foods, and be bothered by sounds or lights no one else seems to hear or see. It's important to remember that the person with AS perceives the world very differently. Therefore, many behaviors that seem odd or unusual are due to those neurological differences and not the result of intentional rudeness or bad behavior, and most certainly not the result of "improper parenting".

Perhaps we should be more sensitive.

i don't think he minds if i laugh at his posts. i just had a lovely conversation with him on aim. he's an alright guy.

In my defence i'd like to point out that I don't insult anyone and I try and make a valuable contribution to all the threads I best in - just look at my response to the favorite bass player thread. I don't think the fact that I post short messages which are still relevant to the threads is enough reason to ban me. If I annoy certain people so much then they could always use the ignore feature.

I am a huge Metal fan and really enjoy interacting with others on this forum. I'm sorry about this thread but I honestly didn't know that posting this kind of thread is taboo on this forum. Please give me a chance, thanks.

nah thats no fun, I'm against bannings.

but I'm more against 'now playing threads'

so , if anyone were to make now playing threads repeatedly, even when previous ones were being closed or deleted, now that'd be worth banning for