Now Playing........

Now Playing: Nightwish - "Once"

delize said:
Vader - "Revelations"
What an awesome album!

Hey Wyvern, I thought you hated "Brave New World", why the change of heart?
I really like the album, and the songs from that album are performed amazingly on the Rock In Rio DVD!! :headbang:

Igor_Cavalera said:
Hey Wyvern, I thought you hated "Brave New World", why the change of heart?

I don't hate it. I dislike it and consider it weak and unworthy as a comeback for a band that was fit and a singer that was creating wonders on his own carreer.
I do hate DOD which I belive is crappy, below average, boring, repetitive and unworthy.

Side to side AOR has much more value as a comeback than BNW:

1. Halford left in aa bad blood dispute and JP stood like 6-7 years in a hiatus
  2. Rob formed Fight which owned a lot from Pantera, then Two which is industrial :ill: , then a hiatus of his own until Halford.
  3. JP changed musicallly a lot with Ripper "courtesy" of Tipton having is head up his son's ass instead of his own heart
  4. Dickinson left ina nice way and IM took less than 3 years getting Blaze
  5. Bruce took a bit to get his solo career but forge it pretty solid and intelligently
  6. IM changed a bit but (without starting a flame war) Blaze wasn't suitable for the band
  7. IM keep touring and playing big time composing and stood fit
So here it is Iron Maiden, a singer comes back without any frictions to oil, full of songs ideas, in great shape and to a band that know themselves for years and now having extra muscle (Gers), and great composition teams...what they made? BNW

And here it is Judas Priest, the singer came smoothing a lot of things said and done, older and without the same strenght he had, with a different view of what metal is to a band that change a lot, where composition was dominated but a single person...what they made? AOR

I'm not sure I get all my ideas in here, I hope is clear enough why I'm more pissed at IM that I am to JP.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from.

In my opinion both AOR and BNW are decent. But BNW just seems better after I saw the songs on the Rock In Rio DVD, they're done way better than on the album.
I dunno, it's probably just me.

I've noticed you've been listening to "Brave New World" a bit lately. Maybe it will grow on you too?

Now Playing: Kreator - "Enemy Of God"

Igor_Cavalera said:
I've noticed you've been listening to "Brave New World" a bit lately. Maybe it will grow on you too?

Not really, but my point these days is that if an album is in my collection and I don't hate it ergo I have to hear it. Like everybody I tend to hear more the newer stuff I got but I like to spin my collection around on regular basis.
So I just enter my room sit on my bed and look at my collection. Suddenly something pops in my mind and I just pick an album. Some days I coming with this tune stuck in my head and I have to scratch the itch. Another day we may had a discussion here and I feel compelled to play some band and/or album.

Space Odyssey - "Embrace The Galaxy"