Now Playing

Kenneth R. said:
I will then simply say the two are related.
It's kinda hard to see how V for Vendetta is related to:

Here we are, we're the band, we got your marching orders
It's in the music and the words that we sing
Sing along, sing out loud, and you'll join the answer
We will rock with the thunder of a thousand mighty horses

Then again, I should probably see it first.

NP: Shadow Gallery - Rain

both the film & the band seem to be at least related to the comic book that influenced them, imo.

basic examples:

'shadow gallery' is the name of the character's hideout.
the character is named 'V' and coincidentally spent a long time in a prison cell labeled 5 in roman, specifically 'room v'.
the character's goals are to overthrow a tyrannical modern government.

unlike that ridiculous joke thread relating symphony x to various things, these are solid evidence as well as the concepts being similar. i would easily bet money that the band used the comic as an influence. it'd be a typical prog rock thing to do.

want more evidence? look at the song titles, and even some of the lyrics.

I don't know whether you're saying that the concept of Room V is about the comic, or the band in general, but I'll look into it myself if I feel not lazy today.

NP: Stratovarius - Soul of a Vagabond

straight off wikipedia:

Shadow Gallery is a six-piece American band from Pennsylvania. Their name is taken from the graphic novel V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and their musical style can be described as progressive metal. They have a reputation among fans for complex song structures and virtuoso musicianship and have been compared to contemporaries Dream Theater and Queensrÿche.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Gallery

Kenneth R. said:
Redemption - Redemption.

10 times better than Fullness of Time.
I've noticed that every time you post that you're listening to the first album you ALWAYS mention that you either like the first album more than the second or ask if you're the only person in the world to like the first one better than the second.

♪: Nothing actually, feels weird being on the comp with no music on.

MrFast said:
I've noticed that every time you post that you're listening to the first album you ALWAYS mention that you either like the first album more than the second or ask if you're the only person in the world to like the first one better than the second.

♪: Nothing actually, feels weird being on the comp with no music on.
that must have been the 2nd time i posted it, ever. but yes it seems to be the truth :lol:

np: Royal Hunt - Paradox live