Now Playing

Fair point Princess, I must admit that they do look like they fell out of an 80's timewarp but they certainly did a pretty good job opening Monsters last year.

Eels - Souljacker

I wasn't keen on the vocals on that album (michael vescera) i think the newer stuff is better. I would recommend getting the 2002 album 'Attack!!' i think its one of his best later albums and its basically the sort of stuff he's playing now. And there are 15 tracks on the album, and some good instrumentals...

Thanks for that, i will keep an eye out for 'Attack' , I didnt mind Mike Vescera's vocals, did he only do 2 albums with Yngwie ? Seventh Sign and the one that came after it (forget the name of that one) He sang on the loudness album soldier of fortune, japanese metal, great album that was.

np.Dimmu Borgir - The Serpentine Offering :headbang:

Guess what.

Saxon - Going Nowhere Fast :heh:

As for that

I didnt mind Mike Vescera's vocals, did he only do 2 albums with Yngwie ? Seventh Sign and the one that came after it (forget the name of that one) He sang on the loudness album soldier of fortune, japanese metal, great album that was.

Don't forget Obsession, Mike reunited his old band and released a killer album last year (Carnival of Lies). Check it out, it was one of the best heavy metal albums of 2006 imo.

Don't forget Obsession, Mike reunited his old band and released a killer album last year (Carnival of Lies). Check it out, it was one of the best heavy metal albums of 2006 imo.

God yeah i remember reading about that! Gonna have to check that one out for sure, thanks mate!

np.Clawfinger - Vienna

Thanks for that, i will keep an eye out for 'Attack' , I didnt mind Mike Vescera's vocals, did he only do 2 albums with Yngwie ? Seventh Sign and the one that came after it (forget the name of that one)

He sang vocals on 3 Malmsten albums.
'Seventh Sign' 1994
'Magnum Opus' 1995 (do not buy, its not metal, its weard)
and he sang on 'Facing The Animal' 1997, which has Cozy Powel on drums, it was also the last album Cozy played drums on before his fatal car crash.

He sang vocals on 3 Malmsten albums.
'Seventh Sign' 1994
'Magnum Opus' 1995 (do not buy, its not metal, its weard)
and he sang on 'Facing The Animal' 1997, which has Cozy Powel on drums, it was also the last album Cozy played drums on before his fatal car crash.

Your a fountain of knowledge my friend!! Yeah Magnum Opus, i remember it now, my friend brought it round when it had just come out, i had high expectations as i really liked the 'seventh sign', what a dissapointment it was!! that was the last i heard of malmsteen after that lol, didnt know Mike did a third cd with him though..Is it any good? I thought Cozy powels last drum work was with Glenn Tipton? or is that just according to him lol

Mike did a third cd with him though..Is it any good? I thought Cozy powels last drum work was with Glenn Tipton? or is that just according to him lol

Im not definatly sure, but i think the Glen Tipton album was recorded before the Malmsteen one (they were both released in 1997).

Facing The Animal is not bad, but i like the later albums more!

NP Megadeth - Sleepwalker

That thing I said about that the new megadeth material is the best they've done in 12 years was a bit over enthusiastic! The two tracks they've released on the internet are ok, but they've made a cover on "A tout le monde", which I found very surprising, and this will also be the first video off the new album! :erk: Tells a lot about the new album? I hope not..