Now Playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man...maybe I just dont get Emperor. Everyone loves them. Give me some songs to download. I've heard random mp3s and nothing cought my attention...

Same with me, I think I'm missing something. Same with Slayer and Nile, but I tried the 'hit songs' of Slayer and they just weren't up my alley. I gotta say, Disillusion has potential (I only got to listen to one song so far) and I like Enforsaken even though they seem a bit repetitive.

NP: Naglfar - I Am Vengeance

Disillusion is something that grows on you, their music has so many layers that once it all sinks in, you really recognize their true brilliance ;)

Slayer and Nile I dislike. Both of them. Nile particularly seems boring to me, and I've never like straight up thrash so Slayer hasnt been my taste.

It's hard to get into Emperor from just one song, you've really gotta listen to the whole album without inturruption to get the full effect. But try "Cosmic Keys to my Creations and Times," "Inno a Satana," "The Loss and Curse of Reverence," and/or "An Elegy of Icaros."

And they did a really good cover of "Gypsy" by Mercyful Fate.

I don't like Nile either, and Slayer is neither good nor bad in my opinion. Just kind of there.

NP: Emperor: An Elegy of Icaros

OK, for those that want to get into Emperor but don't know how, here's a CD worth of good songs from each album that I own (the first four). Download these, burn them, and go for a long walk while listening to them so there aren't any distractions. And these are grouped by album, but not in any order other than that. The first three are really shitty quality, like Nattens Madrigal.

Lord of the Storms
Night of the Graveless Souls (Emperor EP version [with violins and stuff])
Witches Sabbath
Cosmic Keys to My Creations and Times
I am the Black Wizards
Inno A Satana
Gypsy (Mercyful Fate cover)
Ye Entrancemperium
The Loss and Curse of Reverence
The Acclamation of Bonds
Opus A Satana
An Elegy of Icaros
The Source of Icon E
The Warriors of Modern Death
Sworn
Nonus Aequilibrium

NP: Emperor - Cosmic Keys to My Creations and Times

Skyfire - Free From Torment

This song is sick and I can't get enough of it. ;)

froosh: Wow! Someone else that's haerd of Quo Vadis! Canadian Quo Vadis is an awesome band... I had no clue there was another one. Rock on!

Insomnium - The Moment of Reckoning

I've decided that I want to make a melodic death metal-related website, because I don't think there are any other than specific band pages. So I've been listening to a lot of it.