Now Reading...

No, still reading the first three Dragonriders of Pern novels. I'm on the third one. Got 'em all in an omnibus edition.

my mom loved that series
she read all the ones that were published before she died a few years ago
wasn't there one just published like a couple months ago??
do you plan on reading the entire series??
that'll take forever

Came out TODAY! Had to be right before the fest. Grr. The guy with the kindle reading between sets...yeah, that'll be me. Sigh.

51E-3soYZHL._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-48,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

That makes two if us. I'm really enjoying it.

Damnit! I forgot to take my Kindle with me to ProgPower. I hate reading on my smart phone for extended periods of time.

Unfortunately, I broke my Sony Reader a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't found the Kindle I picked up as a backup, so I had to go with pBooks for the time being.

Currently reading:

163093638.JPG

do you guys read real books or just E-Books??

Both - but I have a penchant for reading books the size of doorstoppers, and it's so much easier to travel with a Kindle, especially since the battery lasts forever and I don't need to pack the cable for anything less than two weeks.

I read while eating quite often, and this is incredibly difficult to do with a paper book (without making a mess). My Kindle is one of my favorite pieces of tech to ever be invented.

Apparently, Amazon filed a patent for a Kindle with a color LCD screen on one side (a la Kindle Fire) and an e-ink screen on the other. This would be a godsend for me, if it gets made; to be able to watch quality streaming video in color AND read comfortably on e-ink with the same device would be amazing.

Same here, on both counts. Plus designating less shelf space for books means more shelf space for CDs.

Both. But the kindle is amazing and super convenient. I am liking it better every day, and now prefer it over books. Especially when reading a 1000+ page hardcover (damn you Neal Stephenson!)...the ebook version can't be beat.

if you're talking about the size/weight issue, then i can understand,what you're saying, i very rarely read hardcovers, and the paperbacks i read are the small "pocket book" sized books, where the print is smaller with the pages thinner /more light wieght than the pages of harcovers

Both - but I have a penchant for reading books the size of doorstoppers, and it's so much easier to travel with a Kindle

the phrase "books the size of doorstoppers" sounds like you talking about really small books not really big ones, i had to re-read it a couple of times to get what you were saying

I read while eating quite often, and this is incredibly difficult to do with a paper book (without making a mess). My Kindle is one of my favorite pieces of tech to ever be invented.

i read small paperback books while eating all the freaking time, because i can't eat while reading a heavy bulky hardcover

Apparently, Amazon filed a patent for a Kindle with a color LCD screen on one side (a la Kindle Fire) and an e-ink screen on the other. This would be a godsend for me, if it gets made; to be able to watch quality streaming video in color AND read comfortably on e-ink with the same device would be amazing.

i would love to see a Kindle-type-thing where you could read comic books/graphic novels on it, that would be really awesome, does that exist yet?? and if it does, where can i buy one??

Missed PPUSA this year, but had a consolation prize given to me (literally) in the form of a week in tropical paradise. When I wasn't partying with the natives, sampling the local cuisine, guzzling home-brewed concoctions, or just admiring the scenery...I killed a few books...

Just finished --
Captiva by Randy Wayne White
The Island by Richard Laymon

Currently Reading --
Watch Me Die by Erica Spindler

Recently got hooked on the Zombie Fallout series by author Mark Tufo. Great sense of humor along with the zombie apocalypse theme. And an English Bulldog named Henry figures in very heavily with each novel. Great series so far!

is this the Zombie book series that's getting made into a movie??