Now Reading...

51BW-hWkrdL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Heheheh. BOOK ADDICT!

Seriously, let me know how it is. I may pop for it in my next Amazon order.

My addiction for the thriller/conspiracy/treasure hunt genres knows no limits.

Btw, I *highly* recommend giving this one a shot:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Bird-Omnibus-Edition-ebook/dp/B00CY35D6M[/ame]

It's a stand alone from his Arcadian series that does not require you to read the others.

Don Miguel Ruiz - The Four Agreements Companion Book. Have a work trip coming up soon, so have Stephen King's "Revival" and "Mr. Mercedes" loaded up on the Kindle.

Hooray, another Brust fan! We seem to be so few and far between.

Yeah. What's up with that? He's such a friggin' brilliant writer. Funny, intricate plots, and loveable characters. What's not to like?

I gave up on The Man in the Iron Mask. I don't want to read about all of the Musketeers dieing of the very thing that made them who they were. That's now what I read a Dumas novel for.

How well did you like the book? I've heard about the Four Agreements before but never read any of his books.

The Four Agreements is a quick, easy read with lots of good food for thought. Although it's kind of like Stephen Covey's 7 Habits in that they make total sense when you read them, but applying them in real life is a little (OK, a lot) harder. :)

The Four Agreements is a quick, easy read with lots of good food for thought. Although it's kind of like Stephen Covey's 7 Habits in that they make total sense when you read them, but applying them in real life is a little (OK, a lot) harder. :)

Thanks for the info. I read 7 Habits a number of years ago (and even took a week long class on applying the 7 Habits) so I'll see about the Four Agreements in the same way. :)

I'm reading The Road to Bedlam by Mike Shevdon. It's the second book in the Courts of the Feyre trilogy. The first book was pretty good, and this one seems to be too. Nothing awe inspiring, but different, and that's always good.

41n1WAMmwAL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I was browsing the Kindle Daily Deals, the review caught my interest, and it was only two bucks. Why not?

"Sheldon Horowitz has outlived everyone he’s known, except his granddaughter, Rhea, who fears he suffers from dementia and convinces him to move from Manhattan to Oslo, where she lives with her Norwegian husband. So the 82-year-old finds himself in a strange land, bemused by placid, orderly Norwegians. When a young woman is murdered in his apartment building, Sheldon shelters her young son and sets out to find a refuge for him. But the killer is a brutal Kosovar war criminal, and Sheldon must rely on his Korean War scout-sniper training to evade the killer. No brief plot outline can do justice to a book that deserves to find a place on a few best-of-the-year lists. Sheldon is a brilliantly imagined character, a true mensch, made of Greatest Generation stuff. His wife and Rhea believed he was a mere file clerk, not a wounded combat hero. Only his son, who died in Vietnam following Sheldon’s example, knew the real story, and Sheldon dreams nightly of being on patrol in Vietnam with him. Miller keeps the reader guessing about Sheldon’s dementia. Might he simply be an old man appropriately focused on past and present rather than the future? Oslo police inspector Sigrid Odegard, hunting the killer, is another wonderful creation, and her phone conversations with her farmer father are often wry, archetypally Scandinavian debates. Miller joins the ranks of Stieg Larsson, Henning Mankell, and Jo Nesbø, the holy trinity of Scandinavian crime novelists. Norwegian by Night is very different than their work but equally satisfying."