Now Reading...

51ogcS3aDCL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-63,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Damn, this is some creepy stuff. Like Clive Barker when he was good.

New audiobooks since I stopped using audio subscription services (including audiobooks for now):
Game of Thrones Book 1
Dune Book 1 (semi random pick)

On chapter 6 of Killing Floor...
Started Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy Book 1.

Plenty of stuff to keep me occupied now in the car.

New audiobooks since I stopped using audio subscription services (including audiobooks for now):
Game of Thrones Book 1
Dune Book 1 (semi random pick)

On chapter 6 of Killing Floor...
Started Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy Book 1.

Plenty of stuff to keep me occupied now in the car.

Killing Floor? The one by Lee Child?

I've been meaning to read that one. I liked his vampire novel Bottomfeeder a lot.

It was irreverent as hell, and the laughs came with some bittersweet guilt thrown in. Very character driven piece though...not at all what I expected...and much more engrossing while still moving along very quickly. Seeing how quick you tear through things, you'll probably zip through Pariah in a wink.

Just finished -- Resolution by Robert B. Parker (Hitch & Cole #2)

Reading -- The Rabbit Factory by Marshall Karp (Lomax & Biggs #1)...irreverent and entertaining homicide mystery set in LA, which only adds to the goofiness and the inclusion of odd characters.

Aye. That'd be the one

I hope that you enjoy the Jack Reacher books. Out of the entire series, there's only one that I wouldn't recommend. Different reviewers will point out flaws as the series goes on, but I have enjoyed them all. Each new Reacher book is a hell of a lot of fun for me. Tis a shame that the movie coming out is gonna fuck it all up, though...

Just finish reading Storm of Swords?

Need some help coping?

This might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that you enjoy the Jack Reacher books. Out of the entire series, there's only one that I wouldn't recommend. Different reviewers will point out flaws as the series goes on, but I have enjoyed them all. Each new Reacher book is a hell of a lot of fun for me. Tis a shame that the movie coming out is gonna fuck it all up, though...

Got through about 30 minutes worth of Chapter 6 on the way home today (edit: and now through Chapter 7).. prison scenes are intense oiiii and I'm guessing that Lee is being relatively tame with his imagery. The narrator of these audiobooks is fantastic though. Its like Stephen Fry and Harry potter good.

The great thing about having a Barnes & Noble in a podunk town is that they don't pay attention to the release dates for authors outside what goes on their big displays. I picked one of my favorite author's new one up on Saturday...it comes out tomorrow everywhere else.

5168k4Ppp5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Been meaning to ask you... what's this series like? I heard a few people talking about it, but wanted to hear more before going for it...

Been meaning to ask you... what's this series like? I heard a few people talking about it, but wanted to hear more before going for it...

Golemon is one of my favorite authors and I love this series. It's basically the X-Files meets Tom Clancy on steroids. It's pure escapism at it's finest.

You have to start with the first book though. No skipping.

Golemon is one of my favorite authors and I love this series. It's basically the X-Files meets Tom Clancy on steroids. It's pure escapism at it's finest.

You have to start with the first book though. No skipping.

Done. The fact that I was listening to Evergrey's In Search of Truth this morning and Hypocrisy's The Arrival just now made this a very, very easy decision. Thanks for the suggestion.