Now Reading...

41zfsFVnR9L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Part time PPUSA attendee here (5 times off and on since III). If you'll allow me to plug my wife's new book please...

I'm sure most of you have seen "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" by now. My wife is friends with "Graham... as in gram of dope and shit". Graham was essentially orphaned as a teenager and has had led quite the colorful life. His friends implored him to write a book. He recently collaborated with my wife to write the memoir of his first 20 years.

It's a self published book and can be found on Amazon. Thanks!

http://amzn.to/1QOuxgp

61c27ZnfB1L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

My wife got me a leatherbound collection of the entire John Carter on Mars series...so that may well prod me to pick up a book again.

It's not that I don't love reading, it's that I love killing bitches more.

I just listened to "Of Bone and Thunder" by Chris Evans.

It is basically a Vietnam War novel, but it's done in a fantasy milieu. It's really well done. The story is pretty good, but the way it's written makes it worth it. It's really a cool book to read/listen to.

Dusting off this thread...

Read Mitch Albom's "The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto". A couple of paragraphs in, I though it was going to be a rip-off of "The Book Thief" (one of my favorites), but it wasn't - and I ended up loving the book. Went on a Mitch Albom kick after that, and read The Timekeeper and The First Phone Call From Heaven. Both were disappointing.

Peter Mayle - A Year in Provence. Enjoyed this one; it was a memoir, so nice to be able to read a few pages at a time without getting too wrapped up.

Michael Connelly - The Crossing. Brain candy, but a good quick read while on a long flight.

Brad Meltzer - The President's Shadow. I used to really enjoy his stuff, but this one left me wondering if he's now letting other people do the writing for him. I'd love to get those few hours of my life back.

Dean Koontz - Ashley Bell. Another few hours that I'd like back from an author that I *used* to enjoy.

Just checked out "The Girl in the Spider's Web" from the library and hoping that one won't be another disappointment. I have mixed feelings about another author continuing this series, but curiosity finally got the best of me!

I just finished the "The Wheel of Osheim" which is the last book in "The Red Queen's War" from Mark Lawrence. I listened to it on Audible. Excellent book and the narrator on the series is great. I love that the heroes of Lawrence's books are pretty much despicable, but you end up liking them anyway. He's a great writer. If you like gritty fantasy, I can't recommend him enough. Thanks Jeremy for the recommendation.