Now Watching (Film, DVDs, YouTube, etc...)

SENTENCED - "Buried Alive" 2 DVD set

a309.jpg

Being the HUGE Sentenced fan that I am, I've been dying to see this for a over a year, and it's awesome! I'm totally not disapointed at all. I watched all the extras (tour documentary, interviews, etc...) before watching the grand finale 25 song final show (...still watching now). Interesting note - ALL of the dialogue between them and the crowd and between themselves is in Finnish, but ALL the song lyrics are in English. That must be so strange.

Miika Tenkula (lead guitar) is a BEAST (!!!), both on guitar, and in real life!!!

FYI - I was lucky enough to see Sentenced LIVE in person once in my life. It was at "The Iroc" in Detroit (this tiny bar near Harpo's) in 2002. Sentenced was on tour supporting their "The Cold White Light" album in the USA with Dark Tranquility and In Flames (+ there was like 7 shitty Detroit opening bands at this show, no exaggeration). Their set was short, maybe 30 minutes, but great. I bought a T-shirt and gave a (then) brand new copy of "Against the Seasons" personally to Vesa Ranta (drums). I never heard anything back from him, but it was still cool. :)

SENTENCED!!! :kickass:

hogan's heros, circa '65, but it's classic stuff. you can catch it on deja view (via satellite or w/e) at 5:30 on weekdays. blood diamond was a cool movie, i'm sure other people have this issue, but with "expose" movies i often wonder which side is worse. ie: george bush is stupid, but michael moore is pure evil.

Notes on a Scandal
Letters From Iwo Jima

Both are excellent films. The incredible acting in Notes on a Scandal and the well-executed humanism of Letters From Iwo Jima made both incredible viewings.

Brick

The dialogue in this film is awesome. It's a throwback to one of my favorite genres of film (film noir).

Watched it awhile ago, really enjoyed it. Cant wait to see more by that director/writer.

Last movie I watched was a film called Dick. Its about Nixon, but a comedy. Very well done, and it has some of my favorite comedians in it, like Dave Foley.

Watched it awhile ago, really enjoyed it. Cant wait to see more by that director/writer.

Yeah, from a filmmaker's perspective, it wasn't anything special in terms of camerawork or cinematography, but the acting was solid and the writing was spot on. There's just something about stylized dialogue that really intrigues me, especially when done well. I, too, look forward to Johnson's future works.

Breach
Ghost Rider

Breach was very good. I was very pleased with Chris Cooper's performance and Ryan Phillipe did a decent job in his role. Ghost Rider was okay for the time being, but I'll never watch it again voluntarily.

OUCH! Dare I ask what you attempted to cause such a disasterous ending?

Its called a 'monkey vault'. Imagine this. Run up to the rail, place both your hands about a metre apart on a rail, then you swing your legs through, over the top of the rail, between your hands. When you do this well, its incredibly smooth and assome. When you do it badly, you do this.

"Hey Al, look, I can do it, see?"
*runs up to the rail, places my hands about a metre apart. Swings legs over, clips feet on the rail*
The rail was about 1m high on the top side (whence I ran!) and there was another 1m drop after that, meaning I fell flat on my body from 2m. I must have put my arm out to stop me, but next thing I knew, I was lying on the ground DYING!! And fucking Al had seen me do it :(
Oh, I think I forgot to mention, I needed three stitches in my chin too!

:D