nowadays favourites

Oct 25, 2002
Italy
www.code666.net
just to know your preferences mates, which are your nowadays favourites in music, books and movies.....
sort of a stupid question but I have an unlimited curiosity for what's polluting people's life.......:D

Movies: Jason X, Donnie Darko (highly recommended), Unbreakable. Also, I'm a horror b-movie junkie

Books: American Psycho

Music (changes daily): Aeternus, The Great Deceiver, Enid, The Chasm

Well, half the time I feel like I'm reading GQ Magazine. I don't give a fuck what kind of suit the dude is wearing. Just say "I'm wearing a suit".

I'm on about page 200, and nothing really crazy has happened yet, but the book is pretty entertaining....and funny.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Movies: Donnie Darko

That hasn't been released here quite yet :cry: But I got loads of merchandice for free, so I'm happy :D

Movies - Ring, clockwork orange (just got it on video) and if...

Books - Well, recently I've been reading anything by Chuck Palahniuk (fight club, survivor, invisible monsters, lullaby, choke), and Lords of chaos

Music - (V.E.G.A.), Kekal and Ulver :) Plus a worrying amount of Type O Negative :err:

mine:

movies:
heavenly creatures(peter jackson),ashes of time(wong kar wai),Pinocchio ã964(Fukui Shozin),Blue velvet and Wild at heart(david lynch),dead ringers-crash-naked lunch(david cronenberg),ie hausu(nobuhiko hobayashi),vivre sa vie(jean luc godard),heroic trio(johnny to),carrie(brian de palma),2001 a space odissey(stanley kubrick) and many others...

books:
the bloody chamber and other tales(angela carter),kitchen(banana yoshimoto),cosmos(carl sagan),confession of a mask(yukio mishima),american psycho(bret easton ellis),t.a.z.(hakin bey),even cowgirls get the blues(tom robbins) and many others...

music:tool,opeth,buckethead,meshuggah,alanis morrisette,suzanne vega,john zorn,bill laswell,funkadelic,rush,king crimson,jun togawa,akiko yano,morbid angel,emperor,atrox,the great kat(rules:lol: )and many others...

:D

ooops........
records:
converge "jane doe"
I BUrn vs SSHE retina stimulants: subfried traffic perfection
Primordial: storm before calm
bloodlet: three humid nights.......
Otep: sevas tra
In slughter natives: enter now the world
red harvest: sick transit gloria mindi

books:
Valerio evangelisti: Black flag
Ellroy: grave doubt
Tom Fischer: are you morbid?

comics:
Sandman

movies:
I have no time to see movies at the moment, sorry

Movies: The Sopranos, Real Sex (whatever is on HBO), and NFL

Books: Criminal Law, Torts, Contracts, and Legal Ethics (studying for exams), but for personal pleasure, Madam Blavatsky - "Isis Unveiled" and V.I. Krizanovsky "Death of a Planet"

Music: Between the Buried and Me, As Hope Dies, Nile, ZAO, Winds, Green Carnation, Ephel Duath "Opera" MCD, Into Eternity, Wuthering Heights, and End This Day :headbang:

movies: Tolkien

books: as always Terry Pratchett and Andrzej Sapkowski

music: besides Enter Chaos... Lunaris, Eternal Lies, Arcturus, In Flakes, Bloodbath... and many others shit

Xyphias, here are some stupid answers...

books - all those written by Jeffrey Deaver/C. Bukowski/Stefano Benni; legal-thriller, medical-thriller, serial killer. And Lupo Alberto's special editions...

bands - Opeth, Elend, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Trelldom, etc. etc. etc...

films - uhmmm, too much to write them here...but I would suggest to Forum's members this: "The cube - Il cubo" by Vincenzo Natali (I think), hoping it can be found out of Italy. Torture your nerves!

Originally posted by Michele/Xyphias
I like a lot Zao, what's about Converge?

Michele, you know, I was never really that big into Converge. I really like thier first 2 albums, Caring and Killing and Petitioning the Empty Sky, but their newer stuff just does nothing for me. The new album, Jane Doe is too disorienting and all over the place, while the reason I like their older stuff is becuase it's more metal (lots of chugga chugga riffs, Slayer solos, and crazy double-bass, you ought to check out some older songs, maybe on Mp3). One band that I would def. recomend to you is Between The Buried And Me (on Lifeforce records). These guys are from North Carolina and the music is a crazy mix of metal (death, hardcore, occasional black metal riff) and indie rock. Really awesome stuff. I think they have a few Mp3s on Mp3.com, so sheck them out - really killer stuff, one of my favorites of 2002. Let me know if you like it man, ~Mike~