Soilwork

What do you think of Soilwork?

• They are nu-metal fags and hence shit.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • They aren't nu-metal but they're still shit.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • They're nu-metal but they are still a sweet band.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • They're definately not nu-metal, they're awesome!

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
I'm about catchiness too...but I'm not about mediocre songwriting like the last two soilwork albums. Personally...I think choruses off chainheart machine, predators, steelbath have more replay value than the choruses off figure number five and stabbing the drama...at least Natural born chaos had great choruses for being such a simple formula album. The latest two have about 2 or 3 good choruses each, leaving the rest of the album worthless and boring. Bring back the Dynamics! more harmonies, solos, more great riffs and melody...not this Blind Melon bullshit....aside from all that I wonder if In Flames' new album "Crawl Through Knives" will be better. I can't possibly think of anything worse than "stabbing the drama"...even the new Nightrage owns it.

Sanzen said:
YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON.
this is why I seldom join metal forums; half the people on them are assholes with testosterone over-abundances and will tell you off, either by predicting your sexual orientation or, in this case, your intelligence, assuming you care what they have to say. and now this parker fellow is chiming in? nice tag team you two've got here. Nobody cares.
if you guys hate soilwork so much, go spread your angst on another thread because you're wasting yours and everyone else's time
and yeah, I happen to love soilwork, albeit I know next to nothing about their life behind the scenes or lyrical motivation. all I know is that I like what I hear when I listen to their music.

and I know about the fact that tool and a perfect circle are kinda intertwined. I'm not that stupid, but unlike you (nine feet underground), I recognize them as two separate bands with separate promotion. I'd rather not be flamed any further

ryan1987online said:
and I know about the fact that tool and a perfect circle are kinda intertwined. I'm not that stupid, but unlike you (nine feet underground), I recognize them as two separate bands with separate promotion. I'd rather not be flamed any further

spoken like a real dimmu borgir fan. go get em tiger.

ryan1987online said:
this is why I seldom join metal forums; half the people on them are assholes with testosterone over-abundances and will tell you off, either by predicting your sexual orientation or, in this case, your intelligence, assuming you care what they have to say. and now this parker fellow is chiming in? nice tag team you two've got here. Nobody cares.
if you guys hate soilwork so much, go spread your angst on another thread because you're wasting yours and everyone else's time
and yeah, I happen to love soilwork, albeit I know next to nothing about their life behind the scenes or lyrical motivation. all I know is that I like what I hear when I listen to their music.

God, you ARE a fucking moron. First off: "if you guys hate soilwork so much..." - did you read the thread? Or would that hurt your brain a bit TOO much? I have every Soilwork album. I fucking LIKE soilwork.

secondly - you're a fucking hypocrite. First you come in here with "You guys are picky, all the soilwork albums are great." By your next post, you're already talking about how "everyone has their own opinion." Nice job, tard. Do you read what you type, or just mash the keyboard with your pudgy hand?

This is the third post of yours I've seen where you talk about how you "rarely join metal forums," so as to give people the impression that you are a member of the elite Interneters who are above forums, and you're doing people a favor by posting here. EVERY SINGLE ONE of your posts has insulted someone else or been written in a ridiculously condescending tone. You're an asshole, and you'd be doing everyone a favor if you followed your own advice and fucked right the hell off.

And Dimmu Borgir is terrible.

i dont quite remember who it was - and i'm too lazy to go look - but someone stated that soilwork sounded bad live? i was at their bb king's show in new york not too long ago and they sounded great...put on a hell of a fuckin show...they still rip their old music like we're still in the chainheart era...that being said, i like soilwork...i like all their stuff...i love the old stuff - i like the new stuff...but then again, i'm a sucker for catchiness...and i like the chili peppers, smashing pumpkins, tool, a perfect circle, soad, and a lot of other mainstream stuff...so i guess that explains the liking i take to soilwork's music...

and i like dimmu borgir too...

but hey, to each his own...just dont knock on my tastes, and i wont knock on yours...

belch. i think the idea was to speak on why you like or dislike soilwork. so, in that case: i was given Natural Born Chaos a couple years ago and I liked it. I still do. I knew nothing of Soilwork at the time and I still don't. I'm relatively unbiased that way. NBC has some nicely done solos on it as well as some "catchy" riffs and whatever. The best part is that, at some point on the album, a Gm chord is played and as we all know, Gm is the god of all chords. Thus ends my technical criticism.

Meh. Saw them live in NYC, had a good time with my mate.. but I wasn't blown away by them. Dark Tranquillity were crap live too.

Bleak Harvest said:
Meh. Saw them live in NYC, had a good time with my mate.. but I wasn't blown away by them. Dark Tranquillity were crap live too.

hmm, i've heard DT are quite good live. either way, i don't care, cause i don't have a desire to see em in concert, but..just sayin i've heard a lotta good stuff about their live performance.