np

hm, it's supposedly as diverse as where they left off, but also I'm not sure how you feel about a lot of experimental or progressive metal and if what you mean has any context in that. In any case I know I'll grab it if I see it at the Best Buy or somewhere...come on Metal Blade..

hm, it's supposedly as diverse as where they left off, but also I'm not sure how you feel about a lot of experimental or progressive metal and if what you mean has any context in that. In any case I know I'll grab it if I see it at the Best Buy or somewhere...come on Metal Blade..

Whereas the last album used a lot of odd time signatures (first half) and obviously the amazing mix of classical/opera and thrash (second half), this release brings in the odd times, but to a less sharp degree, and the oddness factor is mainly introduced in spoken word and things that allude to industrial music and things like the addition of old western saloon piano. Bachman's voice is recognizable, yet some different, with a lot of either rising or falling at the end of his phrasing.

gates_of_winter_lux_aeterna__big.jpg