np

tumblr_mboouuFSOi1rxgn02o1_500.jpg

First listen(on Spotify no less), can't say that I like it much, it sounds really uninspired. There's some doom touches though which is pretty cool.

I have yet to listen to Playground, so I couldn't say if this is better, but I definitely wouldn't call it good.
edit: Yep, the highlight for me was actually the outro of the final track, it had a cool little doodle that reminded me of Mystification or something.

Belphegor.jpg

So what is the consensus opinion on Belphegor? I saw them a couple of years ago and they put on a great show, but I have never been able to really get into their albums. I love their bang logo!

For Belphegor I only really like the first few releases. The Last Supper is fairly badass osdm. After that they became extremely modernized black/death and pretty much just a worse behemoth. Annnnnd behemoth aren't my favorite to begin with. It's listenable but not much more.

How's that Holy Frail album? Was considering buying.

New Holy Grail is pretty cool, definitely a step up from their debut ... only gripe i have with it is that they have a couple "melodeath" sounding tracks where the vocalist actually tries to growl and all ... other than that, it's a very fun, catchy album.