np

309455.jpg

... top notch, underrated as fuck BAY AREA THRASH! This blows away any thrash album to come out of germany ... but than again, i can say the same for most of the good thrash albums to come from the bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats a pretty ridiculous statement ... but then again considering who its coming from, im not surprised at all.

I just checked some of it out on youtube, and yea it's definitely thrash metal, but to say there isn't a heavy death metal *sound on that album(enough to where someone can call it death/thrash), than i just dont know what to say.

"Death metal influence" in the context of a 1989 sophomore release by a band that began playing thrash influenced by the Teutonic trio is kind of meaningless. Beyond that, however, I never said there was no "death metal influence", and moreover, in what world does one question the thrash purity of Protector in a response to Sadus of all Bay Area bands?

"Death metal influence" in the context of a 1989 sophomore release by a band that began playing thrash influenced by the Teutonic trio is kind of meaningless

So what, so were plenty of other death/thrash bands, like Ripping Corpse for example ... does that mean they played thrash metal? Totally irrelevant.

Beyond that, however, I never said there was no "death metal influence", and moreover, in what world does one question the thrash purity of Protector in a response to Sadus of all Bay Area bands?

... because Illusions is thrash metal, through and through 100% pure face melting, blitzkrieging thrash metal, and is considered by most hardcore thrash fans to be one of the best albums to come from the Bay Area scene... so it doesn't make sense to compare it to death/thrash, but than again, i said i hadnt heard that album and mistaked it for another one, so i could be wrong.