np

a3894321969_16.jpg

... their best.

Reactions: Atomic Tide
HO-LEE SHIT is this first song kicking my ass! :kickass:

edit: minus whatever it is they tried to pull off around the 7 minute mark. edit#2: Yea, this track should have been cut off around 6:30

I like it, it's progressive. It will make more sense by the end of the album too. Tracks 9 and 10 are where it all sort of comes together into a progressive masterpiece.

They started in a great manner but loose grip with every release. Sad thing.
I'm afraid I have to agree, though after six spins I still can't say why I like the new album less than its predecessors (which both still get regular spins in my car). So far, the best song on it is "Torture". Still I plan to see them live in October.

I love the artwork for that Immolation album. (Dawn of Possession that is)

I also agree that Frost is good but not on the level of Vikingligr Veldi.

Hordanes Land is probably their best material overall -- though I do still need to get Yggdrasill.

Have you heard Eld? I seem to hear mostly mixed things about it but I've been meaning to give it a chance for a while now.

Reactions: CiG
Hordanes Land is probably their best material overall -- though I do still need to get Yggdrasill.

Have you heard Eld? I seem to hear mostly mixed things about it but I've been meaning to give it a chance for a while now.

I like Hordanes Land a lot as well, but Vikinligr Veldi is my favourite. Ranks among Norway's elite and I never see it discussed here so maybe it's a bit underrated?

I've heard everything up through Below the Lights years ago but never listen to anything post Frost. I should probably revisit some of those albums as well.

I think Eld is supposed to be like their bridge album into their more progressive sound.

Just to make a comparison, I didn't like Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk for the longest time but gave it another chance recently. I honestly like it a lot more than I remember and thought it might be a similar deal with Enslaved.

Reactions: CiG
Anthems... got shit on in a thread recently. I can't remember which, but only CrimsonFloyd was defending it. I don't love the album but I think it's listenable and better than the 2 that followed it.

I remember it well because HamburgerBoy threw out one of his classic lines: "Trivium is better than Emperor because they at least have riffs." Or something like that.

Last edited:
Anthems... got shit on in a thread recently. I can't remember which, but only CrimsonFloyd was defending it. I don't love the album but I think it's listenable and better than the 2 that followed it.

I remember it well because HamburgerBoy threw out one of his classic lines: "Trivium is better than Emperor because they at least have riffs." Or something like that.

HamburgerBoy is like a hemorrhoid desperately seeking the thrill of butt-hurt.

Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk had an almost completely different line-up from In the Nightside Eclipse, so I'm sure there were some major changes when it came to the songwriting. It almost doesn't even sound like the same band but I think it's easier to appreciate it as a stand-alone album instead of a successor to the debut. I don't love it either but it's definitely ambitious and they had some good ideas that unfortunately fell flat by the albums that followed.