np

R-2275522-1344437331-6370.jpeg.jpg

Zeal and Ardor - The Devil is Fine

a4050267455_16.jpg

So, I really liked the concept of this (black metal and african american folk) and after hearing one song I immediately got excited and bought it. After a couple of listens I realized the Black Metal parts don't really meld in right. The spirituals are cool, but they are way better than his black metal. he also tends to keep it separate and not meld them in. It's a cool/interesting listen but imperfect.

Zeal and Ardor - The Devil is Fine

a4050267455_16.jpg

So, I really liked the concept of this (black metal and african american folk) and after hearing one song I immediately got excited and bought it. After a couple of listens I realized the Black Metal parts don't really meld in right. The spirituals are cool, but they are way better than his black metal. he also tends to keep it separate and not meld them in. It's a cool/interesting listen but imperfect.

I actually just listened to this on YouTube after reading this because it sounded interesting. I found it fairly annoying and as you said it all doesn't meld very well.

@Phylactery yeah, the BM parts are severely lacking. And it sounds like he's using a drum machine too, which rarely sounds good. Heh. cool concept i guess. "Come on Down" isn't bad, though. The reviews on bandcamp praised it and the snippet I heard sounded promising. Pretty disappointed.