np

61pmuRpjjHL.jpg

Negură Bunget - Om, released 10 years ago today, or at least according to Metal-archives. Wikipedia says it was October 20, but whatever, I'm going with today.

Cool cover art.

http://bravewords.com/news/negura-bunget-om-release-date-confirmed-release-party-scheduled

I don't know the band but this Sept. 2006 article confirms the release date was November 27th, 2006. Wikipedia is lying.

^I heard that it's on their subsequent albums that they really started to diversify, and that they were still rather primitive at this point.
They're all over the place, this album is pretty much just sludge metal where they usually play some kind of progressive death metal thing.

its the first one ive heard, they blend modernism and nordic folk really well though
I really like this mixture, too. I like nordic folk when it's mixed with something else (rock, metal or a bit of jazz), whereas its pure form usually doesn't do that much for me. My first album by Hedningarna was "kaksi!", on which I like the opening song "Juopolle Joutunut" best, especially because of the vocals of the two female Finnish singers. I also like "Hippjokk", whereas "Karelia Visa" is probably my least favourite (haven't listened to it for years), maybe because it sounds too "traditional".

Since you liked Ketil Bjørnstad's "Sunrise", I'm curious if you are also familiar with other albums (also of other artists) for which he wrote the music. I think he is very good at writing music to other people's poems.