np

LTI1MTIuanBlZw.jpeg

^ Haven't seen anyone post/mention that in a long time. Forgot about it myself. Cool to see it got a reissue a few years back.

Pretty good album. Can't say i listen to it often, but pulled it out tonight. Short story about that reissue, i picked it up when it got released, at least 5 years ago, and the label that released it was in fairly close driving distance to where i live. So i opted to pick it up instead of having it shipped. Was expecting it to be a little business, like in a strip mall or something but it turned out to be the dudes house! He ran the record label right out of his house, don't know if that's still the case or if the label's still around but it was funny.

Reminds me of Christmas 1985 when I got this album together with Helloween's "Walls of Jericho" and Fates Warning's "The Spectre Within", each of them still being my favourite album of the respective band and getting at least some occasional spins.

Back on topic:

LTQ2NDMuanBlZw.jpeg

good album, gets understandably overshadowed by the next two but i always liked it. did you ever hear vampiro?

good album, gets understandably overshadowed by the next two but i always liked it.
It was my first album by Helstar and I bought it when it came out. I never had the impression that it gets overshadowed by the next two. "A Distant Thunder" sounded more technical to me, but I'm not sure I'd rate it higher than "Remnants of War". As for "Nosferatu", it might have been my favourite, if the entire album was as good as the concept part plus the last song. I think I like all three of them about the same for different reasons.
did you ever hear vampiro?
Maybe I heard a single song on a CD which sometimes comes along with metal magazines or I listened to a song on youtube, but I'm not sure. Would you say it is as good or even better than the aforementioned three albums? The thing with Helstar as well as the vast majority of other bands I listened to in the eighties is that I felt they peaked with one of their first three to four albums and then I lost interest in them. This doesn't necessarily mean that I'd dislike what they released afterwards, but I'd say that in most cases when I heard a song released in this century by a band I used to listen to in the second half of the eighties, it didn't make me want to buy the album.

i'd personally have those three ahead of it, but it's surprisingly close to that level. i'd take it over their debut i think. i know our ol' buddy hamburgerboy thought it was the best album they ever did, for what that's worth.