np

5124.jpg

Reactions: SonOfNun
That's funny, I came across this guy just today because I was looking for music inspired by the Swedish epic science fiction poem Aniara, and apparently he's got an album based on it.

He is - IMO - a master at writing music to other people's poetry. "Sunrise" was already the second album, on which he wrote music to texts by Edvard Munch, the first one being the album "Løsrivelse" by Kari Bremnes in 1993 (one of my favourite non-metal albums). The lyrics on the latter were poems in prose by Edvard Munch, based on which he afterwards did some of his most famous paintings. Other albums containing music to other people's poetry which I like a lot are "Ett Liv" and "Coastlines" by Lill Lindfors and "Haugtussa" by Lynni Treekrem. Even though these albums were released under the name of the vocalist performing the songs, the music was written by Ketil Bjørnstad. My favourite album released under his own name is "Grace" (the lyrics are poems and prose by John Donne). He's done a lot more and also a lot of instrumental albums, but I'm not familiar with them. Haven't listened to the clip you posted yet, but will do so later, after a quick search about the album itself told me that it also features Lill Lindfors.