np

996995.jpg

a0851497042_10.jpg

Jarhead Fertilizer concocted some dark, seedy, catchy death/grind shit with this one.
Like if Symphonies of Sickness fucked a female prisoner and she birthed the baby behind bars.

812WB2VUeGL._UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I used to like Evile but I still can't get into this album. I've heard people claim it's anything from dark and broody to heavy and gloomy but to me it sounds like a poor attempt at a Metallica Black album. Certainly wont be making my top lists this year.

Reactions: zerostatic
I used to like Evile but I still can't get into this album. I've heard people claim it's anything from dark and broody to heavy and gloomy but to me it sounds like a poor attempt at a Metallica Black album. Certainly wont be making my top lists this year.
That's a fair assessment. I've given it quite a few listens and I appreciate that Old Rake changed up his approach to vocals after the last album. Sleepless Eyes is a highlight as one of the better songs on this album that reminds me of the old Evile sound.

Reactions: Slammed
1702649188248.png
1702673557320.png

I wish I could get into later Root more. I really love their early stuff but Kärgeräs and onward they started to lose me a little. It's good music, but I want primal black metal and not prog (it's not really prog but I draw that comparison for some reason) from this band tbh. Daemon Viam Invenient is a little more promising though but sadly can't find it in full.

If anyone knows some stuff that's like the early Root, please let me know!

Last edited: