np

OC05OTA5LmpwZWc.jpeg

Weird to think this came out 20 years ago. An instant classic and, even though I prefer the earlier material, one of the last essential black metal albums imo.

This one always stuck out to me. Like a perfect marriage between the early traditional stuff and later disso-core rampage of Fas, Kenose, etc. Great album.

Dusting off some old cassettes I haven't played in years. Current line-up:

View attachment 37024
Seeming Salvation really caught my interest a while back, I love the album art and the overall atmosphere of the album, but it didn't hold up as well for a 2nd listen. Still a gem, imo. As is Blod-Draum, that may just be my favorite take on the death metal sound ever created.

1726105033938.png

Reactions: Slayed Necros
Seeming Salvation really caught my interest a while back, I love the album art and the overall atmosphere of the album, but it didn't hold up as well for a 2nd listen. Still a gem, imo. As is Blod-Draum, that may just be my favorite take on the death metal sound ever created.

View attachment 37028
I bought that tape way back in the mid 2000s after unsuccessfully trying to bid on the CD, and this was back when the CD only sold for $70 at the most on eBay hah. Always been a fan anyway, yeah it's generic as fuck and it has nothing on the best by Dismember, Entombed, Grave, Unleashed, Necrophobic but it's catchy and reasonably memorable and even a nostalgic listen for me these days. Also I fucking love death metal and I need a lot of it.

I'm not crazy about Blod draum or anything, honestly. Good album for sure, maybe great, definitely worth owning but it's not anywhere close to being a favorite and I've never really understood the amount of hype it gets. Sort of in the same realm as Infester.

Fuckin' HAIL HAIL to England! on the otherhand...

Reminds me that I need to get an original master of Seeming Salvation. I've heard it but only own the remastered version (from 2016 I think?) which I actually thought was pretty cool despite sounding pretty different. Cool album anyway. A little thrashier than your average Swedish death metal imo.

Reactions: Slayed Necros
Reminds me that I need to get an original master of Seeming Salvation. I've heard it but only own the remastered version (from 2016 I think?) which I actually thought was pretty cool despite sounding pretty different. Cool album anyway. A little thrashier than your average Swedish death metal imo.
One of the CD remasters was sped up or slowed down or some shit, forget which one though.

Reactions: WorldObliteration33