np

Expander.jpg

How is that? I had already forgotten they were back and recording again.
It's a good, solid two-punch of up-beat heavy metal mostly reminiscent of their debut but with hints of 'Hypnosis of Birds'. The third track is a short instrumental with some slight, seemingly electronic influence. (Not surprising since Mortimer says he owes much of his recent renewed musical interest to acts like Lady Gaga.)

A while back I bought a Death box set, has their first five albums in it. Really need to a) dig it out and make mp3s so I can take them to work with me b) buy Symbolic because it wasnt included

Corsair-Corsair.jpg

I know here exists fellows that like to hump SKR's leg hard for unknown reasons, but I'm glad I bought this and their two demos directly from the band. These, original releases, are done on uncoated recycled cardboard and look really cool... oh and did I mention they sent me a fucking Corsair beer coozy? :kickass:

^ Uriah Heep had a lot of good stuff from that era too.

Where would be a good place to start with the band? I've always heard their name being thrown around when speaking of early heavy metal/hard rock but i dont think i've heard a single track from them before.

Yea Symbolic is definitely the best Death 2.0 album, a lot of people would even say it's their best overall. I personally think it is, but i love their first four so much that i usually have a hard time picking a favorite.

Where would be a good place to start with the band? I've always heard their name being thrown around when speaking of early heavy metal/hard rock but i dont think i've heard a single track from them before.

I'm sure you've heard Easy Living. I'm partial to Demons & Wizards and The Magician's Birthday but now I kind of want to crack out a few others and go through them again. Haven't busted through vinyl in a while.

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the musical spectrum...
95666.jpg