NRL 2007

Unless there's a miracle miracle in the next five minutes, saints have lost again :( Been a fan for years, but this is baaaaaad. I think they'll improve once Dean Young and Matt Head return to fitness, but it's not looking good this year.

I think getting the sack from the Dragons would do Nathan Brown the world of good. Something tells me he would win a premiership with whatever club he coaches next.

I have been known to talk nonsense before, though.

Roosters, 18-4. The same roosters who hadn't won a game all year. You are now equal last with the roosters.

Hooray for the mighty dragons, just imagaine how much depth they could have had if they didn't blow their whole salary cap on injured shithouse player who has never played a full season. Suck in to st george, i hate them.

Spiff is pretty correct though, the only team the dragons could beat now, is st george.

ps. go manly.

pps. My missus bought a manly season ticket for my birthday so I go to every homegame.

ppps, go manly

I always try to get out to Brooky oval when the sharks play manly.
Will probably do it again this year.
Should be a pretty good game actually.

Peachy's 250th this weekend against warriors.
Apparently Souths are letting all Sharks season ticket holders in for free. Pretty decent gesture considering he played 232 of his 250 for us

This is the thread to post in about Rugby League. Weekly teams, results, discussions etc.

Sprucey's Unbiased Predictions:

Minor Premiers: Manly
Premiers: Storm
Runners Up: Broncos
Wooden Spoon: Raiders
Most Improved Team: Sharks
Team to go backwards most: Raiders
Dally M: Lockyer
Souths to make 8?: Nope. I predict 10th
Titans to make 8? Nope. They could, but injury's will expose their lack of depth. I predict them to just miss out.
State of Origin Result: QLD, 2-1
Will Johns last the season: Yes (an injury or 2 along the way but nothing major), but it will be his last. Newcastle won't make 8.
First coach to be sacked: Nathan Brown
Leading Try Scorer: Greg Inglis or Nathan Merrit

Let's look back on this at season's end and see how close we were.

Haha. After 7 rounds, with one game to play, the top 8 is:

Melbourne
Manly
Cowboys
Warriors
Souths
Titans
Cronulla
Tigers

Israel Falou, in his first season, has scored 9 tries in 7 games (Merritt is second, with 7). Brisbane is fourth-last. Roosters lost 6 in a row. Johns is gone. I got 1/8 so far this weekend. It's a funny game. How different is it to AFL? The only change to the top 8 there is that Hawthorn is in it and Melbourne's coming last.

Dragons finally won a game after defeating a Penrith team who looked like they'd bet on themselves to lose.......

Some awesome tries over the past few weeks.
The one that Ben Pomeroy scored against Newcastle was the try of the year.
Kimmorley chip kick for Simmons who catches and chips over to the corner on the fly to Pommeroy who scored in the corner.

The one on the weekend where Lyon flicked it back to the other dude as the ball was going over the tryline was awesome.

Bowen's try off the Thurston pass last night was typical.

That Chris Lawrence try for the Tigers was impressive too.