Nuclear Assault Survive Re-Release

SlayerNPG

Feb 15, 2002
Malden, MA
Visit site
They just posted on their Facebook page the album will be re-released on January 31st, 2013 with no other information. Anyone know anything about this? I own an original cd luckily, but would easily purchase a remaster. Never thought I'd see the day, especially since in one of the other threads Matt said the record company wanted six figures to re-release it.

They just posted on their Facebook page the album will be re-released on January 31st, 2013 with no other information. Anyone know anything about this? I own an original cd luckily, but would easily purchase a remaster. Never thought I'd see the day, especially since in one of the other threads Matt said the record company wanted six figures to re-release it.

Think this will be just as much as a suprised to most people as it was to you.
I bet it is a case were the band has decided to do it themselves and I say more power to them, wish more would do that. I just hope it is not one of those cases where a band puts out some cheap CDr in a shitty package that was included in the Discmakers package deal they got.

I hope its not just an itunes re-release, the more I thought about it I have a feeling thats what it will be. I just feel like a cd re-release of this is too good to be true. Hope I'm wrong.

Think this will be just as much as a suprised to most people as it was to you.
I bet it is a case were the band has decided to do it themselves and I say more power to them, wish more would do that. I just hope it is not one of those cases where a band puts out some cheap CDr in a shitty package that was included in the Discmakers package deal they got.

Can NA actually release it themselves? I doubt they have the money to buy the rights to the album.

Also, I have to second the hope that it isn't a CDr. I'm so happy I didn't buy the Morbid Saint reissue the band put out because it wasn't even advertised as a CDr initially. And $17 for shipping to Canada was pretty steep :/

Well I know of bands that have re-issued their own albums even though they did not have the rights to do so. I say more power to them. If the labels are going to set on it forever and not do anything with it then the band should be able to have it back. I think more bands should step up and take control. It is fucked up that labels hold on to these albums for decades and never do anything with them or let the bands. I feel that is the truest injustice to the bands and fans (as if most labels give a fuck about the fans).
I honestly believe in some cases certainly with indie 80s labels that these labels no longer own the albums but the bands are so ignorant that they have no idea what is going on so the album floats in limbo. I personally know of other cases in which some of these older labels just string bands along forever. Seriously I wish there was a book about this shit so the fans would get a better idea of what really goes on or at least a better clue. Unfortuneately I will not go into detail or mention the names of some of these bands and members I talk to; but hearing their stories, and seeing their attempts certainly gives a perspective.
I don't understand why labels, and even bands will not answer the demand, fuck it is there. And when they do they often put out the worst goddamn product, either they know no better, or really don't care about "the fans" (i.e. crappy Metal Blade and Shrapnel packaging).
Well there are also those labels who feel it is not worth their effort and time because it will not be a big enough seller.
Face it metal fans and collectors, we are the last concern to most labels. Well I said most, of course Matt and myself care because we are one of you.:)

That is weird. I spoke with Dan right after Maryland Deathfest since I saw him there it reminded me I needed to hit them up. So as of last summer they said the major label wanted crazy money for it. I guess somebody came to their senses there! Or the band is bootlegging themselves, which I applaud.

I honestly believe in some cases certainly with indie 80s labels that these labels no longer own the albums but the bands are so ignorant that they have no idea what is going on so the album floats in limbo. I personally know of other cases in which some of these older labels just string bands along forever.

^this happens WAY too much for my liking. I actually encourage bands to stand up to their old labels. Make them spend the legal fees to do something about it, which if they don't want to spend the money to reissue an album because there is "no money in it" then they certainly won't waste money suing someone over reissuing a limited CD.

It's all about rising to the challenge now. Several bands I have spoken too have no idea who owns the rights, but I always tell them if you don't I doubt the original label does either.

I hope its not just an itunes re-release, the more I thought about it I have a feeling thats what it will be. I just feel like a cd re-release of this is too good to be true. Hope I'm wrong.

It looks like you might be correct that it's a digital only release:

https://www.facebook.com/SidipusRecords

It's too bad because I would buy it if it were a CD re-release, but I'll live without it until then.

that is the most "sketch" facebook page I think I have ever seen from a record label hahaha. let alone they don't even have an official website or anything. I emailed Dan to try and get the scoop, because if nobody is doing a physical reissue that sucks.

Digital only? Eww! Kinda hoping it isn't authorized and gets buried, geez. Do it right or don't do it at all people. Very few things aggravate me more than an album only ever getting a digital release. I'll buy a CD, digital files aren't worth my money and I'll gladly go without rather than endorse that sales model.

Digital only? Eww! Kinda hoping it isn't authorized and gets buried, geez. Do it right or don't do it at all people. Very few things aggravate me more than an album only ever getting a digital release. I'll buy a CD, digital files aren't worth my money and I'll gladly go without rather than endorse that sales model.

It is authorized, I will just say that.

So will this basically just be the normal cd us collectors have ripped to itunes and amazon mp3? Blah... if they're gonna do it themselves they should have done it the correct way through Divebomb.

So will this basically just be the normal cd us collectors have ripped to itunes and amazon mp3? Blah... if they're gonna do it themselves they should have done it the correct way through Divebomb.

i most definitely put the offer on their table and I am awaiting Dan to give me Glenn's contact and the offer will go in once again.

And yes, I presume it will be CD rip with no remastering but i have no evidence to back it up.

What I got from the (poorly done) facebook page is that the album is remastered. If you look around a bit you'll also notice Glenn Evans 'side' project band C.I.A. has reissued/remastered MP3 albums as well. This is most definitely a venture spearheaded from one of the NA members themselves. All I can say is, 'bootleg it up'! :fu: More power to you! If I.R.S. wants 6 figures to buy the master tapes, go ahead and do it yourself, anyways. What will happen? A slap on the wrist...Maybe!

I do wish they'd find a company to join up with to get some of these albums a proper CD release, as I know they don't exactly have the money to afford the lofty manufacturing costs. I don't think any of them would even know how to get a CD pressed if they DID have the money...They need help.

What I got from the (poorly done) facebook page is that the album is remastered. If you look around a bit you'll also notice Glenn Evans 'side' project band C.I.A. has reissued/remastered MP3 albums as well. This is most definitely a venture spearheaded from one of the NA members themselves. All I can say is, 'bootleg it up'! :fu: More power to you! If I.R.S. wants 6 figures to buy the master tapes, go ahead and do it yourself, anyways. What will happen? A slap on the wrist...Maybe!

I do wish they'd find a company to join up with to get some of these albums a proper CD release, as I know they don't exactly have the money to afford the lofty manufacturing costs. I don't think any of them would even know how to get a CD pressed if they DID have the money...They need help.

Divebomb offer is on their table.

First off, I wanted to say hello!!!
I wasn't even aware this forum existed.

Secondly, SURVIVE was the album that got me into NA, primarily from the video they had on Headbanger's Ball.
I had heard them before, but once I saw the video it clicked.
I had this on tape back in the day. Who knows? That tape is probably still in my parent's storage for all I know.

I dont buy too many physical cDs anymore these days, but SURVIVE is one I would seriously consider!

First off, I wanted to say hello!!!
I wasn't even aware this forum existed.

Secondly, SURVIVE was the album that got me into NA, primarily from the video they had on Headbanger's Ball.
I had heard them before, but once I saw the video it clicked.
I had this on tape back in the day. Who knows? That tape is probably still in my parent's storage for all I know.

I dont buy too many physical cDs anymore these days, but SURVIVE is one I would seriously consider!

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MANILLA ROAD???

Official eh? Well, guess I'm not the target audience for this release :( I imagine it will get a proper disc release, even if it takes about 20 years, then I'll pick it up :p