nuendo export Vs session sound question

I hear you about the dithering dude, you'd probably only notice its use on long fades and then probably only on cans, maybe heh.

Your bouncing down from 48.000 kHz to 44.100 kHz will definitely make a difference too bud, i always work at 44.100 kHz. As my work is to be played from a CD and not a DVD I find it of paramount importance to hear it when mixing as it will be on the CD and not just hope it holds up when the degrading takes place. I believe this to have also been mentioned by Grandmaster Sneap as his own preference also in the past.

If I exported my mixes at say 32.000 kHz or even 22.050 kHz after mixing them at 44.100 kHz I would for sure notice a drop in quality upon external playback; but thats a no brainer right?....

Yeah even Andy himself works at 44.1..... 48 is stupid, uneven dithering for the lose.

Dithering only compensates for bit depth conversions Mike ;) There's no way to mask the artifacts from going to 48 to 44.1! (or 96 to 44.1, or any other SR that isn't a multiple of 44.1)

When i sarted this thread i should have said that the difference i ear is a litlle
bit on everything, losser low end, slightly volume differences, and something on the fx too( or maybe on the high end of it ).
By the way i sarted recording at 48Khz because I thought it would help on this matter!!!
Do you protools guys feel the same on this subject???