NWA Anarchy

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
For anyone on the northeast side of Atlanta who likes great pro-wrestling action, check out NWA Anarchy. They hold events every first and third Saturday of the month, and they have top-notch talent. We've attended two shows so far and it's worth the 3+ hour round trip.

We'll be there again tonight to catch the matches and to also see the lead guitarist of Eclipsed By Sanity, Val Allen Wood, as he performs the Star Spangled Banner before the show. This particular event will be recorded for DVD distribution, so it's a great promotional opportunity for EBS!

Also note that several of Halcyon Way's songs are being used in forthcoming NWA Anarchy promotional videos and commercials:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know next time you go, I might be interested in joining you. I used to be a big fan of WCW, but ever since they went under I haven't paid too much attention. I tried watching the WWE but it was pretty much crap, a bunch of lumbering monsters who kick and punch the whole time. Give me the good old days of the Horsemen, Sting and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat any day...

It's nice to see some wrestling fans on the board. I used to wrestle there back when it was called NWA Wildside. It was pretty fun, because everyone there was pretty good and you could learn a lot from them.

Let me know next time you go, I might be interested in joining you...

heck yeah man, we also had Sean & Pam (HAL9000 and his wife) in tow last night for the second time. They really enjoyed it as well I think. Sean and myself are old school wrestling fans much like you. Yes we both yearn for a return to the days of the (original) 4 Horsemen, Sting, Steamboat, the Road Warriors, the Freebirds, etc. Good times!

the rhythm said:
It's nice to see some wrestling fans on the board. I used to wrestle there back when it was called NWA Wildside. It was pretty fun, because everyone there was pretty good and you could learn a lot from them.

yeah man, as a fan I go all the way back to Georgia Championship Wrestling with Gordon Solie in the late 70's and early 80's. And NWA Anarchy (and Wildside before that) definitely is on the right track with their caliber of talent. It's good to know that Bill Behrens is involved. He's been in the business for a long time and has had a lot of success in the independent territories.

Looking forward to the next time we can attend - which would be the second show in January at the earliest (Jan 17th).

:kickass:

I'd have deinately gone if I lived within a reasonable distance.
I don't even pay much attention to WWE & Vince McMahon's b.s.
I've been supporting ROH Wrestling for some time now.
They put on killer shows!

way to go, J-Dub! ROH has some great talent from what I understand. Much of that talent has been shared with TNA over the past few years. But it seems that TNA is even going the way of the WWE as far as trash-vignettes and such here lately. I read an article the other day about how TNA had a show two weeks ago and within the two hours, minus 40 minutes of commercial time, there was approximately 18 minutes of actual in-ring action. And the shortest match of the night included two of their best performers: Alex Shelley and Jay Lethal. It's becoming quite sad actually. :erk: they started out so well.

Is this any way related to the original NWA?

Growing up in the Chicagoland area, I was raised heavily on AWA (As that was from Minnesota), and other local federations.
We did get broadcasts of WCCW, UWF, NWA, etc too.

way to go, J-Dub! ROH has some great talent from what I understand. Much of that talent has been shared with TNA over the past few years. But it seems that TNA is even going the way of the WWE as far as trash-vignettes and such here lately. I read an article the other day about how TNA had a show two weeks ago and within the two hours, minus 40 minutes of commercial time, there was approximately 18 minutes of actual in-tring action. And the shortest match of the night included two of their best performers: Alex Shelley and Jay Lethal. It's becoming quite sad actually. :erk: they started out so well.

Is Vince Russo still with TNA? THAT might be your answer. :heh:
I went to one of the first ROH matches in Chicago, and while it was ok, I wasn't that impressed. Went to another one a year later and have been hooked ever since. We had Samoa Joe as a special guest at the last ROH Chicago card...

Is this any way related to the original NWA?

Growing up in the Chicagoland area, I was raised heavily on AWA (As that was from Minnesota), and other local federations.
We did get broadcasts of WCCW, UWF, NWA, etc too.

I believe it is, but its not the NWA of old back in the territory days. I went to a couple NWA matches in Chicago (one at old Comiskey) & went to every AWA match at the Circle Pavillion for 2-3 years straight. Those were the days....

Nice! I remember that night at Comiskey, though I was not there.
I believe it was a joint event between AWA and NWA.

I went to most WWF, AWA, NWA, UWF cards at either Rosemont Horizon or UIC Pavillion.

No program from Comiskey but I do have:

Great American Bash @ The UIC Pavillion July 9, 1988

Cage Match - Dusty Rhoades beat Rick Flair
Texas Death Match - Lex Luger deafeated Barry Windham
Nikita Koloff & Steve "Doctor Death" Williams defeated Ivan Koloff & Dick Murdoch

Mike Rotunda time limit draw for the TV title against Ronnie Garvin
The Fantastics beat Cornette's Midnight Express in a handicap Bunkhouse match

Rock & Roll Express defeated Te Sheepherders
Kendall Windham lost to The Russian Assasin
Dr. Death Steve Williams defeated Al Perez
Tim Horner vs. Rick Steiner

Also found a card for an NWA card in Chicago on Feb. 14, 1988:

Sting vs Flair for the NWA title
Lex Luger & Arn ANderson in a cage match
Road Warriors vs Barbarian & Warlord
Dusty Rhodes vs Larry Zbyzsko
Nikita Koloff vs Mike Rotunda (with Kevin Sullivan)
6 Man Tag Barry Windham,Ron & Jim Garvin, & Ricky Santana vs Midnight Express, Dick Murdoch & Tully Blanchard.

Man, those were the days.....

Man, those were the days.....

damn straight! :worship:

I remember seeing a card in very late 87 or early 88 in Tallahassee, FL when Luger was one of the Horsemen. He and Anderson took on the Road Warriors in a main event match (and lost of course). That was cool. Arn Anderson is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time!
Also on that card was Midnight Express against Ron and Jimmy Garvin. Seems like the Varsity Club (Sullivan, Rotunda, and Steiner) was in some type of six man match. I remember Dusty Rhodes being there but not in action. He was interviewed nearby where we were seated, but we didn't make it on camera.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Is Vince Russo still with TNA? THAT might be your answer.

yes, he is and I knew that when I posted above. Problem is, his work is really starting to shine through. TNA once stood for 'Total Nonstop Action', but these days it's more like 'Total Nonstop Acting' :rolleyes:

Nice! I remember that night at Comiskey, though I was not there.
I believe it was a joint event between AWA and NWA.

I went to most WWF, AWA, NWA, UWF cards at either Rosemont Horizon or UIC Pavillion.

I was there for one of those ... it was called Super Clash. It was a great card. Here's a short writeup of the action that night. AWA put it on, but it had several NWA wrestlers on the bill. Even some World Class wrestling was on the bill. The Flair/TA match was great from what I recall.

Event: AWA SuperClash
Date: September 28, 1985
Arena: Comiskey Park
Attendence: 21,000
AWA America's Heavyweight Title Match: Sgt Slaughter defeated Boris Zuhkov by Disqualification to retain the title....
IWA Heavyweight Title Match: Mil Mascaras pinned Buddy Roberts to retain the title....Jumbo Tsuruta, Giant Baba, and Genichiro Tenryu defeated Harley Race, Bill and Scott Irwin....
AWA Women's World Heavyweight Title Match: Sherri Martel pinned Candi Divine (11:24) to win the title....
World Class Texas Heavyweight Title Match: Kerry Von Erich pinned Jimmy Garvin to retain the title....
AWA World Tag Team Title Match: Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal) defeated Freebirds (Terry Gordy and Michael Hayes) via referee's decision to retain the tag team titles....
NWA World Midget Heavyweight Title Match: Little Tokyo defeated Little Mr. T to retain the title....
Bodyslam Match: Jerry Blackwell defeated Kamala in a "bodyslam" match....
AWA World Light-Heavyweight Title Match: Steve Regal drew with Brad Rheingans. Regal retains the title....Ray Stevens, Nick Bockwinkle, and Larry Zbysko wrestled Greg Gagne, Scott Hall, and Curt Hennig....Krusher Khruschev, Ivan and Nikita Koloff wrestled Crusher, Dick the Bruiser, Baron Von Raschke....
NWA World Heavyweight Title Match: NWA World Champ Ric Flair pinned Magnum TA (28:00) to retain the title....
AWA World Heavyweight Title Match: Rick Martel and Stan Hansen fought to a Double Disqualification. Rick Martel retains the title.

just stumbled over another video from the WCW glory days... at our beloved Center Stage arena...

note the blonde mane of hair on the person that would eventually be known as Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Arn Anderson has to be my favorite wrestler of all time. :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone is interested in going up there with us this weekend, let me know...

poster.jpg