NY Amon Show....

Went last year, but now I'm in school in Chicago, so I'll catch them around here. the lamours show last year was pretty terrible except for aa. It was like six or seven mediocre to bad local bands till two in the morning, and then aa came on. I would think it should be better this year, as there are other good bands on the bill.

I'll be catching this tour on March 9 at the NJ Metal Meltdown, then again on April 5 at L'Amours. With Behemoth & Vehemence also on the tour, I don't think it will be "6 to 7 mediocre to bad local bands" this time around.

I should be there. After seeing them in the back woods of north Jersey a year ago I want to see every show I can this year. Metalfest, and I'll make a first time trip to L'amour to see 'em.

Whoever is going to this show and wants cheaper tickets than at the door or on ticketmaster, you can e-mail my band because we are one of the opening acts. L'amour gives tickets to opening bands to sell at a much lower price so if you are interested in this, go to cyanidebreed.net and check out my band and then contact us about tickets. They are only 16 dollars from us. Thank you and I cannot wait to see Amon Amarth. They were great last time at Lamour with Diabolic.

I'll be at Meltdown and at L'Amours show. I've never seen AA before, so seeing them twice within a month is damn cool to me. See you all there (even though I won't know who the hell you are =P ).

Yea, Lamours really isnt the best venue in the area...but I am sure it will be decent. I might be stopping over at Meltdown...but thats another thing though...bad area and not such a great line up either...everyone is going to the MASS FEST this year...WOW what a line up up there.

Scarlett1313 said:
Yea, Lamours really isnt the best venue in the area...but I am sure it will be decent. I might be stopping over at Meltdown...but thats another thing though...bad area and not such a great line up either...everyone is going to the MASS FEST this year...WOW what a line up up there.

You don't like L'Amours? It's a pain in the arse to get to, but as far as venues to see metal bands in, it's pretty righteous, I'd say.

As far as the NE Fest goes, other than Opeth, Nevermore, Beyond The Embrace (also at the NJ Fest), Kataklysm, The Haunted, November's Doom & Noctuary, what else is so great about it? Unless of course you like hardcore SO much you'd enjoy watching 45 bands that all sound nearly the same ;)

Eh, it's all a matter of opinion though. For example, I think the NJ Fest's lineup is every bit as good (though I really wish The Haunted were coming...). Anyway, see you at the NJ Fest (maybe) next weekend. Cheers.

It turns out I won't be able to check out Amon Amarth at NJ Melt Down so I might just come to NYC show on the 5th, Saturday. Is anyone from Staten Island going to that show? I would be coming from Florida and staying in Staten Island but I have no idea how to get to the venue and back so I would need somebody's help. I gave up on seeing that tour in Florida as still no additional dates and a little over one week left. What the fuck are the promoters doing/thinking? What will the bands be doing between the 11th and 21st of March? Even if they do announce few more dates when will that happen, the day before the show? Who will they play for,well me and my bro in Florida maybe but not many more. Very, very weak promotion. NILE, Dark Tranquillity, Berzerker, SYL was announced (with all the dates) 2-3 months ahead and had a great turnout what turnout can we expected with a week's advance if that.

BTW, I won't kill/harm you so please help me if you live in Staten Island or near by.

Tomasz said:
It turns out I won't be able to check out Amon Amarth at NJ Melt Down so I might just come to NYC show on the 5th, Saturday. Is anyone from Staten Island going to that show? I would be coming from Florida and staying in Staten Island but I have no idea how to get to the venue and back so I would need somebody's help. I gave up on seeing that tour in Florida as still no additional dates and a little over one week left. What the fuck are the promoters doing/thinking? What will the bands be doing between the 11th and 21st of March? Even if they do announce few more dates when will that happen, the day before the show? Who will they play for,well me and my bro in Florida maybe but not many more. Very, very weak promotion. NILE, Dark Tranquillity, Berzerker, SYL was announced (with all the dates) 2-3 months ahead and had a great turnout what turnout can we expected with a week's advance if that.

BTW, I won't kill/harm you so please help me if you live in Staten Island or near by.

PM me. I have to drive through Staten Island to get to the venue in Brooklyn, and might have room in my car.