O brother where art thou?

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
Has anyone seen this film?
What's your opinion about it?
Personally I loved it and loved the main song on it as well.

The one based on The Odyssey? the modern one? Bitchin movie but I like the older Odyssey movies best... better atmosphere... but this was a cool modernization

I liked this movie a lot. It was pretty damn funny and a decent translation on many levels. The music was pretty good too. I liked the main song and the one the black guy was plucking right before he R.U.N.N.O.F.T.

What song is the main song?
And who sings it?
If that's George Clooney singing then he should become a pro singer.

i think it was decent, it was beautiful but not a good film, can't really say why though, perhaps the humour wasn't up my alley so to speak.
i think they are called "the soggy bottom boys" try searching for it on kazaa or whatever

The guys who actually did the music are a christian bluegrass band, but I forget the name...I liked the movie alot, myself. Dapper Dan :p

Good movie, good music... I happened to catch a concert on tv in which the original artists were playing the songs off the soundtrack and I loved it, didn't realise it was from the movie until they played the main theme though, that was it I went out and bought the soundtrack... not usually my style, but some of the songs are great, some talented singers.

sorry to spoil the party .. i kind of feel bad for being the only one saying negative things about it now, but personally i hated every second of it. burn the pos. every last copy!

pure rubbish.

Ulysses is the Latin version of Odysseus

Everett represents Odysseus trying to get home to his wife, Penny (short for Penelope) before she marries someone else

Big Dan is the cyclops

The 3 singing women at the river are the Sirens.

Plus several other subtle similarities....