Requiem For A Dream

RfaD is an excellent movie! I just watched it a week back, and was stunned by it. No movie, ever, has had that kind of impact on me. When the movie finished, I stared at the black screen and thought simultaneously "That was a great movie" and "I don't want to ever see that again"

Originally posted by Voice of God
When the movie finished, I stared at the black screen and thought simultaneously "That was a great movie" and "I don't want to ever see that again"

I had exactly the same thoughts.... I don't know about never, but it's sure going to pass a really long time before i see it again, if i ever do it.

Greetings.

I saw this like eight months ago, and I was way shocked when the tape ended... I watched it four times in three days. It's one of the best movies I've seen in all my life.

I've seen it 3 times, and each time is better than the last. the shocking about it is that makes u feel human degradation and pain. simmilar to trainspotting in the theme, similar to pi, other movie from darren aronofsky in the way human pain is shown.
D Aronofsky is filmins another BATMAN to appear soon.
Please watch pi, and give me your opinion about that to.

The pain in RFaD is soo deep that really reaches under your skin, and shocks you down.

ASS TO ASS!!

But seriously, that was one powerful movie. Haven't seen Pi yet.

Makes you wonder exactly how the next Batman turns out.

it was an amazing movie
the music was perfect for the scenes
when she is getting the shocks is fucking brutal
I had to see it twice and I bought the dvd not long ago
beautiful yet cruel movie

Yeah, I bought the DVD as well. I rented it once, then bought it. I've only watched it once sine I've had it (months and months) cuz it's such a brutal film. Mood movie. I'm hungry.

???!!!
I haven't sen R4aD, YET! But in my country , some pregnant women went to see it, and after the movie, she lost his son!!!
I've seen Pi (once, drunk) and I think it's really cool the way are related with religion and stuff. there are 2 things I din't get it: I studied at a jewish school, and that parted was never teached; and thae maths part should be explained a little bit better...

Man, you people are so easily amused. Aside from teaching the viewer three very obvious lessons about drugs, prostitution and diet pills, this movie's nothing more than another boring artsy fartsy boring load of crap. God, and I thought Fight Club was overrated.
Then again, I'm not surprised seeing all this enthusiasm and hype coming from the angsty Blair Witch generation (this load of shit is the absolute worst). Fuck, you want a good movie? Watch something like Falling Down.
I'm not saying these movies suck, they just don't live up to the hype. They're ok and all.. but when I think about how people describe these movies (like in this thread for example) you expect more..
I was going to rent PI sooner or later, but seeing as it's mentioned in this thread I'm hesitant about doing that now.. heh..