Requiem For A Dream

A friend of mine mentions this movie quite a lot......and i think i will rent it tomorrow,yet i am not sure cause i'm in a very fragile mood....
btw,someone mentioned that there is a book....Who is it written by??

Well, if you're not in a very good mood I'd not suggest watching this movie, it will make you really depressed. Or you can watch the movie and then watch some cartoon in order to cheer you up :D :D. Anyway the choice is yours...

"The man who never was there" is the perfect movie for not very good moods. You should look for it and watch PI before that. And both are black and white.
I think that PI was also written by Darren Aronovsky, but I'm not sure, I will investigate. He wrote Requiem as well.

I know is a little late to reply to this thread but I'll do it anyway.I've seen the movie and I think is great same as trainspotting.Ialso want to Know if any of you have seen the movies Gommo or Kids,they're both as disturbing if not more than the movies mention avobe both by the same director whose name I can't remenber(sorry).If you get around to see these movies check out the soundtrack for the movie Gommo is excellent.It has bands like Burzum,Darkthrone,Slayer etc.

Requiem for a Dream is one of those movies which, at first, seem like a morose decadence of human life but, after watching it a few times, resemble more like a realistic portrayal of circumstances which can lead to eventual human dissolution into "despair" (GOD I hate using that word, but it's suitable for this description). Anyway, even though it is far from the bland and overly pretentious movies that directors try to use to appeal to audiences in the conventional hackeneyed manner, the novelty value of Requiem for a Dream wears off after a while. Overall, it's a good movie, mainly for the emotional effects, but there are better.

Pi was excellent and showcased Darren Aronofsky's talents with a limited budget (similar to Kevin Smith and his first major film with Clerks).

Finally,this evening i took the brave step and watched this movie... I actually like this kind of movies with drug addicts and decadence... somehow the behaviour of addicts is within my field of interests... the film was quite good,despite some extremely disgusting scenes (like this when Harry takes his dosis piercing his completely rotten arm)...I felt extreme pity/sympathy for all these poor people...it was quite overwhelming especially in the end and in the tender love scenes between Harry and Marion...
Nice film...i don't think i would recomment it to anybody though :err:

and :D i was in a rather good mood and managed not to get seriously depressed....just sad and left with a strange taste....

yup,i watched it when it came out in the cinemas...... hmmmm imho it is rather a mediocre movie...What made me go and watch it was the fact that it was based (at least part of it-i'm not sure about the whole) on a true story...just this....
what do you think about it?

btw,who has seen "songs from the second floor" (sånger från andra våningen)?