Top documentary movies…

bboyblu

New Metal Member
Dec 4, 2004
I’m sure everyone has their favorites documentaries, and I’m guessing
that most of them would be well-known ones such as “Fahrenheit 911”
or “Schindler’s List”. About a month ago though, I caught a film at the
Hamptons Film Festival that really moved me and was hoping to make it a
point of discussion here. It’s called “The First Amendment Project”.
Has anyone heard or seen this movie before?

In short, it exposes a case in which the Fox News Channel tried to stop
the publication of a book that exposed the wrongdoings of major news
organizations. Fox lost the case. Now, it might seen pretty simple, but
to think about how many people these news channels influence daily, and
then to see how they are trying to limit what people know and hear
about them, is pretty frightening.

I’m not an actress, director or anything associated with the film, but
I am an advocate of exposing the truth, and this film does just that.
In case you are interested, you can google.com the film to learn more,
or if you want to see if for yourself, I know that Court TV bought the
rights to air it next Tuesday (12/7) at 10pm.

Bob

This is Spinal Tap.

Oh wait.

The Decine of Western Civialization
The Decine of Western Civialization 2 the Metal Years
The Devils Playground.This one takes you on a trip over a span of time that makes a group of amish kids decide on whether ot nor they become part of the church or be discommunicated. Really informitive,gives you an idea of how these folks live their lives.

Hated-gg Allin -Interesting in the way that you get to see just how far into the music he was willing to go to be a true rockstar.

A Year and a half of Metallica is a pretty good documentary.

I liked Dark Horse was awfully funny, altho I am slightly biased since I'm from Minnesota.

I liked "Hoop Dreams" a lot.."Crumb"

and last year "Breakfast With Hunter" has to be considered 1 of the most underated about Hunter S Thompson. Another related documentary, "Lost in La Mancha" which is about the making of an unfinished/abandoned film by Terry Gilliam "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote" was also very good.

"The Decline of Western Civilization Part 2" is another that was very good.

Kyle

BBC documentaries like:
The Crusades (with Terry Jones)
The Planets
The Space
They mostly just scrape the surface though, but so do most documentaries. Only books can really go deep into any subject. But I mostly like them because they're visually great (and The Crusades is also very funny at times).

I also liked "The Corporation" and I've always wanted to see "The Decline of Western civilization" and "The Man who killed Don Quixote", that Soundscape and Call me b mentioned, but haven't found them anywhere.

Black Dragon said:
What is frightening is seeing so many people worldwide taking what Michael Moore says as divine wisdom, in most cases w/o question.
Yeah Micheal Moore sucks. I kind of liked his TVNation show, butI was absolutely outraged by his Fahrenheit9/11 movie. That movie was so full of platypus shit. George Bush might not be a very eloquent, intelligent, or even sensible man, but he's 5 imes the person Micheal Moore is/has/been. He is lying scum. Don't listen to any of his propaganda.

BBC Documentaries are great

I don't mind Michael Moore but people tend to take his word as truth as opposed to a really biased opinion. I watch his documentaries and read his books more for entertainment and to understand his opinion. Now really why would we believe a 300pound man lecture us on consumerism?

There's a great film called Fahren-HYPE 911. Dick Morris did it to expose the b.s. that is Michael Moore and his films.

Some good documentaries...
Paradise Lost
The Thin Blue Line

Schlinders List is not a documentary. Based on true events but not a documentary. Anyway, my fav would be Brothers Keeper, about 3 old men, brothers that live together in a old run down trailer. One is killed or dies in his sleep and its the story of how the town reacts and the trial and all that jazz. Supersize me was great as well. However I think personal responsability is the main factor when it comes to what you eat.