O/T: 1980 The Cannible Holocaust the Movie

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/

Anyone see this movie........

Read something about this when Grindhouse came out, said this movie makes Night of the Living Dead look like a Muppet Movie.......
cannibal-holocaust.jpg

That is soooo gross. But I can see myself wanting to watch it strictly out of curiosity, even if it is with one eye covered, the other squinted and the tape on fast forward on a completely empty stomach. :puke:

Aside from the real animal killings (which are disgusting) it was a typical gore film to me. Blair Witch stole the documentary footage concept from this I believe.

yeah the movie isn't wonderful but the animal killings were fucked up. especially when they slice up that little primate thing. it screamed and wiggled alot. it was very disturbing. i know the actors had a big problem with the director and didn't know anything about the animals before they filmed. I believe the director was arrested for murder after the movie was released and it took alot to convince the authorities (french i think) that he didn't commit any crimes.
-Jono-

yeah I saw it....real snuff type stuff

I always knew the animal killings were real.
the maker almost got in trouble, because lots of people thought the human deaths were real, THEY KILL A HUGE TURTLE, crack its shell with a sledgehammer I think, and play with the guts, for no reason. THAT WAS REAL FUCKED UP and NOT RIGHT, but yeah at that time, I don't think PETA was around, and its so independent not many people knew.

This movie was only played in shitty areas, and in wierd theaters that played B-RATED horror films and KUNGFU flicks...(also known as GRINDHOUSES)...but lots of the movies are now CULT CLASSICS

its disturbing filled with rape, sodomy, cannibal feasting, twisted story line etc...

its not great by any means, but if your into horror (real horror not the garbage out now), you'll probably dig it.........BUT DON't watch it if you get sick to your stomach when seeing blood and guts