O/T How did the NFL draft go for you?

CyThrax

May 26, 2003
Anytown, USA
Visit site
How did everyone's teams do this weekend?

I think the Bears did pretty well for themselves. I like Tommie Harris with the first pick, he's a freak of nature, and he plays his ass off to boot. Could be a great playmaker on the DL. I would have also been happy if they would've picked either Will Smith from OSU or Udeze (sp?) from USC. Don't know much about the DT from Wash. they got, or the WR from Fresno St., but it sounds like Hariot (sp?) DE from Pitt that they got had a real good year 2 years ago, hopefully he can get back on track. Krenzel should be a good backup QB & maybe develop himself into a starting qb in a few years-he's won a ton of games and is tough. They also got Nathan Vasher (CB/PR/KR) from TX. He's pretty small, but could be dangerous in the return game right away.

Anyway, pretty good draft & free agency period for the Bears-upgraded their OL big time, got some more speed on defense through the draft. Now just gotta hope that Rex Grossman can be the man.

Eli Manning is a superbadass QB. He'll start and, assuming he's got two people who can actually catch, will turn your team around.

The Browns gave up a 2nd round pick, that was 5th overall in second round to move up one spot. Yes, one spot!! I love Winslow's play, not his attitude, although i feel it will be positive for Cleveland to have that attitude a little more! Still, one freaking spot? They wouldn't do it for a 3rd rounder????

he better be a hall of famer!!

Well, the Cowboys got what I thought they were gonna get in the draft. They got a RB, OT, G, 2 CBs, TE and a WR. At first, I didn't like that they traded their 1st round pick to Buffalo, but then I realized that next year, they'll have 2 1st round picks and I am hoping that Buffalo sucks so that the pick they get from them is high.

As expected, they worked on their offense. They picked a RB fisrt, Julius Jones from Notre Dame. Then. Jacob Roberts, OT, from Southern Cal. Next they picked Stephen Peterman, G from LSU. These 3 will more than likely be starting this next season. I am hoping that Julius Jones comes through as a starting RB. Troy Hambrick sucked last season.

Better than I expected...although the QB situation is still shaky and I have no idea WTF Ford was thinking when he hired Millen.

I've got my fingers crossed, but remember, this is the team the takes HT winners and ruins them.

Iwas to young to remember, but I miss Alex Karrass...

vintage-6.jpg

Peter King kicks ass. On Pardon The Interruption yesterday, they asked him what team will win the Superbowl. He said, "Seahawks will beat the Jaguars, 27-21 in Overtime on a 98 yard td pass from Hasselback to Robinson."
That's right, Seahawks win it.

MichiMikey said:
Better than I expected...although the QB situation is still shaky and I have no idea WTF Ford was thinking when he hired Millen.

I've got my fingers crossed, but remember, this is the team the takes HT winners and ruins them.

Iwas to young to remember, but I miss Alex Karrass...

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/797d61fb/bc/Mail+Attachments/vintage-6.jpg?bfaSnjABQeC96LKS

Personally, I think Harrington is great. I think Detroit's offense will be kick-ass this year. Just dump James Stewart. :D

Rielthing, You think Seahwks will be ready to roll this year?

oh yeah, their offense is set. they were a really good offense last year, even dropping some passes. Their defense is upgraded by a lot. Bobby Taylor is a big improvement on Springs. Wistrom is a huge improvement. Their rookie d tackle will fill a big need. Their defense will improve alot. And in the NFC West, who's going to beat them? San Fran is a joke, Arizona will improve, but not enough, and St. Louis will fall down this year.

Riehlthing said:
oh yeah, their offense is set. they were a really good offense last year, even dropping some passes. Their defense is upgraded by a lot. Bobby Taylor is a big improvement on Springs. Wistrom is a huge improvement. Their rookie d tackle will fill a big need. Their defense will improve alot. And in the NFC West, who's going to beat them? San Fran is a joke, Arizona will improve, but not enough, and St. Louis will fall down this year.
Good points. I forgot about all those dropped passes last year! The defense will be key I think for them. I think St Louis will still be tough and Arizona will improve, but Seattle should own the division!

lol, interesting point. i have to check up on how the Giants did for picks, football the only sport i can watch hasnt been the same lately.