O/T Picks And Predictions For The Upcoming NFL Season

T_man357

Locked & Loaded
Jan 7, 2004
U.S.A.
web.archive.org
For starters...I don't see either Super Bowl team getting back!! I'm not even sure they were the two best teams last year....But they got there, Congratulation Steelers!! Etc, etc, etc....Time to move on.

There's ALOT of teams that should be improved from last year.. Arizona, Baltimore & Miami are just a few..

Then there's a few teams that were just one player away from great things last season...Denver, Dallas & Carolina fit that bill.

Then you've got the teams no ones expecting anything from who will probably surprise from week to week...49ers, Jags & Lions are some of them..

This is my EXTREMELY early prediction for the end of the season...

NFC Championship Game: Carolina over Dallas

AFC Championship Game: Denver over New England*

Super Bowl: Denver vs. Carolina (Too close to call!!)

(*Though a few teams could overtake N.E. for this spot...I'm putting them here based on their easy strength of schedule)

Then you've got the teams no ones expecting anything from who will probably surprise from week to week...49ers, Jags & Lions are some of them..
Denver... Please... I guess you forgot to mention the Raiders

Hmm... I predict that Rex Grossman will be the starting QB, and will get hurt during the first game. Brian Griese will step in and kick serious ass, making the Bears a legitimate contender, but Lovie Smith will declare that Grossman is still his #1 QB. Upon Grossman's return in the NFC playoffs, the Bears will fall flat on their face.

Not that I don't like the Bears, mind you... just years of being a Cubs fan has conditioned me to accept the worst before it happens.

Predictions:
-10 more bengals will be arrested before the season is over.
-Bret Farve will retire after thowing 34 INTs. (by week 5)
-Mike Vick will transform back into "Ron Mexico" and spread herpes throughout the land.
-T.O Will continue to be a pain in the nutsack. And be on Sportscenter ever day.
-Matt Millen will be fired.
-Miami loses to Carolina in the superbowl.

Uh no.....I didn't forget Oakland, no matter how forgettable they really are!!

Any team that goes out and gets one of the best receivers in the game only to acquire Aaron Brooks in the offseason as their starting QB is too damn braindead to forget!!

thraxx said:
Denver... Please... I guess you forgot to mention the Raiders

That's a great post!! Tacoman

TacoBellJunkie said:
Predictions:
-10 more bengals will be arrested before the season is over.
-Bret Farve will retire after thowing 34 INTs. (by week 5)
-Mike Vick will transform back into "Ron Mexico" and spread herpes throughout the land.
-T.O Will continue to be a pain in the nutsack. And be on Sportscenter ever day.
-Matt Millen will be fired.
-Miami loses to Carolina in the superbowl.

dailyvault said:
Hmm... I predict that Rex Grossman will be the starting QB, and will get hurt during the first game. Brian Griese will step in and kick serious ass, making the Bears a legitimate contender, but Lovie Smith will declare that Grossman is still his #1 QB. Upon Grossman's return in the NFC playoffs, the Bears will fall flat on their face.

Not that I don't like the Bears, mind you... just years of being a Cubs fan has conditioned me to accept the worst before it happens.

Did you watch the preseason game Friday? Grossman sucked more than a $2 hooker. Ted Phillips needs to realize that come draft time, we do not need another corner back!

I have a feeling that this season will be a repeat of the '01 season where the defense will win them a ton a games, and then fall flat on their face in the playoffs.

I predict it will be a long, long season for me.

My Browns are like on their 5th center this preseason.

pre-season predictions

AFC
East - Patriots
North - Pukesburgh
South - Colts
West - Chargers
WC - Dolphins & Ravens

Champs - Patriots

NFC
East - Washington
North - Bears
South - Panthers
West - Seahawks
WC - Giants & Bucs

Champs - Hawks

Superbowl - Patriots over Seahawks

remington69 said:
Did you watch the preseason game Friday? Grossman sucked more than a $2 hooker. Ted Phillips needs to realize that come draft time, we do not need another corner back!

I have a feeling that this season will be a repeat of the '01 season where the defense will win them a ton a games, and then fall flat on their face in the playoffs.

Nah - went with the family to the new Golden Buffet, then watched a little boxing on ESPN2. All in all, a well-spent evening.

where is that guy with the crow avatar ??? He's a tightly wound bengals fan lemme tell ya.

All i care about with my Ravens is that we make progress from last year abysmal season, learn some quality ball control in the red zone, and stop the stupid ass penalties.

I just want to be able to enjoy my football this season.

I actually think im gonna spend some time watching Coach Marinelli and the Lions and see how real he really is.

I have to agree with Raiderman here...N.E. is my favorite team and I'd love to see them win it again!!! but lately they treat every players contract talks like a bargain basement sale and it's finally going to come back and bite them on the ass.

That plus Miami finished last year strong and made some great moves in the off season and will probably win the AFC East.

thraxx said:
The Patroits will lose they lost the Kicker..... They broke up the Brady Bunch!!!!!

NE has like almost no running backs...i mean they just pulled Junior Seau out of retirement after 3 days...not a good sign. I like their attitude and mentality from the players though.

IAN442 said:
where is that guy with the crow avatar ??? He's a tightly wound bengals fan lemme tell ya.

All i care about with my Ravens is that we make progress from last year abysmal season, learn some quality ball control in the red zone, and stop the stupid ass penalties.

I actually think im gonna spend some time watching Coach Marinelli and the Lions and see how real he really is.

That's Joey from Slipknot, although I did like The Crow movie.

The Bengals will go 10 and 6 - ten arrests and six convictions this year.
They will also make it to the playoffs if Carson and Sam Adams are healthy.
Those two guys will be the key.

I am so ready for the football season, I wish it started on Labor Day like it used to!

Steve Mcnair is a winner and that attitude is already being shown on the Ravens offensive side of the ball...They should be MUCH improved from last year (IMO)

The Lions are a good dark horse pick to make the playoffs..Should Jon Kitna be able to make use of all those weapons, they should definetly not finish last in that division (That honor will belong to Green Bay) Kitna's a good QB who's never really had a chance...Well here it is.

IAN442 said: