O/T Picks And Predictions For The Upcoming NFL Season

I'm no expert at football... though i do pretty good at betting on the point spreads... but been reading up what the experts have been saying lately here in NY about which two teams will make the superbowl and i tend to agree with them.... Colts vs Giants (they are up to Par and have been improving their record each year for last 3 years i believe? ) ... that would be a great superbowl with the two Manning brothers against each other like today... will hopefully be home to watch that game today...

This was as wild and crazy a week one as I've seen in quite sometime....

The Bills scoring on a fumble recovery 12 seconds into the game and damn near beating The Pats in Foxboro....What the hell was that all about??:erk:

The Broncos....What happened here?!? It's not even funny!! They were like all the experts lock of the week..(Mine too):mad:

The Falcons beating The Panthers in N.C.!!! Not just beating them but beating them down!! Scary....:cry:

How the hell do The Chiefs only score 10 points on a horrible Bengal "D" at Arrowhead??? 10 points?!?! (I lost on the over in this game):cry: :cry:

Looks like the 49ers and Cards both have some offense this year....And since last years very fortunate (And overated) NFC West Champs couldn't even score a TD against The Lions...Wait a minute that needs a little more emphasis..THE LIONS!!! That division may get competitive in a hurry.:Smug:

The Ravens go to Tampa and blank The Bucs...I saw The Ravens winning that game but not shutting them out...It's going to be a long and painful year for the Bucs...Steve McNair & Ray Lewis:worship:

Same thing for the Packers...I at least thought they'd pick up a FG or a cheap TD...They are probably the most pathetic and sad team in the league this year!!:cry: :cry:

Wheez, You may seriously want to re-think this pick..:) :p

Wheezer said:
3. Raiders. Yup. I think the talent they have will finally be focused with Art Shell instilling some much needed discipline. I don't think Brooks is the answer at QB but he can't be any worse than Collins. A healthy Moss can only help matters. Their D will be much improved and one of the main reasons they'll win a few games.

T_man357 said:
Wheez, You may seriously want to re-think this pick..:) :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I fell asleep during the first game and woke up just in time for half of the Raiders - Chargers. It took me a bit to sort reality from dream state. I'll bet Raiderfan was hoping they were dreaming. I don't think I've seen a worse performance from an NFL team in a long, long time.

T_man357 said:
The Broncos....What happened here?!? It's not even funny!! They were like all the experts lock of the week..(Mine too):mad:

Dunno. Maybe it was just me showing up at an away game that killed it. :zombie: Kinda pisses me off but they should be able to get healthy against a Greenless Chiefs team. They did the same thing in the opener last year. At least this year the D was in a controlled environment and didn't get overheated.

Falcons look like they are gonna have a good season withthe addation of John Abrham. WHich is cool with me because behind Miami I like Atlanta. Vick and Dunn rock. Saw a thing today on Espn about Terry Porter not being able to play with the Raiders anymore after the disrespect he showed Brooks after he got sacked for the 7 th time. Gore looks like hes gonna be 49ers work horse. That guy was on fire in the Arizona game. Kurt Warner looked awesome in the first half. Poor Browns they just cant catch a break losing Jurevicous in the first game. Ravens defense. SCARY!!! I feel sorry for anyone playing against them this year, Todd Heap will probably have an excellent year with a good QB in Mcnair back there. This season is gonna rock. I was never impressed with Plummer so what happened Sunday didnt surprise me at all. Now if only CULPEPPR WOULD PULL IT TOGETHER DAMN IT SO MY PHINS CAN HAVE ACHANCE!!

John Abraham got hurt and they're waiting to say how badly.. I'm still not sold on Atlanta's Offense..But their "D" is rock solid!!

I just read that Oakland is talking with Baltimore about dealing Jerry Porter (That'll be scary!!) Seeing how good McNair has already seemed to make that offense.

Frank Gore was an animal at Miami and it looks like he's going to be one in the pros too!

The Browns might not be able to catch a break but Winslow Jr. looks like he might be the TE they wanted when they drafted him.

The Ravens defense is back primarily because Ray Lewis is healthy and angry to make some noise this year...They're a good dark horse Super Bowl pick..

Don't bag on Plummer!! He's a solid QB..I think they just took The Rams too lightly (IMO)

Kurt Warner was solid..but don't look past the fact that it was the 49ers they beat and S.F. put alot of points up on them...Teams with better defenses will stifle Arizona.

Culpepper will bounce back!! He's too talented a QB not to!! I don't think people took into consideration how hard it was going to be to beat the Super Bowl Champs on the opening night of the season on their homefield with or without Ben. Saban has to be a little more pro-active when throwing out the challenge flag though..he should've bounced it off the officials head instead of a lame duck throw.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Falcons look like they are gonna have a good season withthe addation of John Abrham. WHich is cool with me because behind Miami I like Atlanta. Vick and Dunn rock. Saw a thing today on Espn about Terry Porter not being able to play with the Raiders anymore after the disrespect he showed Brooks after he got sacked for the 7 th time. Gore looks like hes gonna be 49ers work horse. That guy was on fire in the Arizona game. Kurt Warner looked awesome in the first half. Poor Browns they just cant catch a break losing Jurevicous in the first game. Ravens defense. SCARY!!! I feel sorry for anyone playing against them this year, Todd Heap will probably have an excellent year with a good QB in Mcnair back there. This season is gonna rock. I was never impressed with Plummer so what happened Sunday didnt surprise me at all. Now if only CULPEPPR WOULD PULL IT TOGETHER DAMN IT SO MY PHINS CAN HAVE ACHANCE!!

T_man357 said:
This was as wild and crazy a week one as I've seen in quite sometime....

The Falcons beating The Panthers in N.C.!!! Not just beating them but beating them down!! Scary....:cry:

Same thing for the Packers...I at least thought they'd pick up a FG or a cheap TD...They are probably the most pathetic and sad team in the league this year!!:cry: :cry:

Packers will get the first pick in the draft...Favre should have retired don't you think?!:lol:
I was amazed how Rams beat the Broncos soundly...
I didn't see that coming.:ill:
Oh come on. You were surpised by the Falcon's win?! They have owned the Panthers until last season, it's business as usualy this year. Please...
They if they go 3-0 they will be guranteed to make the playoffs as they would have beaten the entire NFC South!!!!!!!:p
I like an All South Super Bowl, The Jaguars and The Falcons....
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Replying to Tman.

Abrham getting hurt I missed, damn it. Vick i think is learning how to throw while running which is gonn make him even more difficult to catch.

Mcnairs still got some juice left thats for sure. Ravens are gonna shock alot of people including me.

Gore is gonna end up being 49ers star player to build around for the next several years if they dont wear him out.

Winslow looked good if he can just stop doing stupid things to get hurt.

Ravens are gonna hurt people. Period.

I dont know maybe youre right but Im not a Denver fan so maybe Im just biased..

Yeah it was the 49ers but Warners got some great recievers there and The Edge now. I think the more the season goes on they better their pass game will get, their defense however well.....

HAHAHAHAHAH yes the throw was kinda funny in hindsight. Yeah opening against the Superbowl champs is a little intimidating Im sure.

Who else thinks Cutler will be the starter in Denver by mid-season?
And just "who" is the QB in Tennessee?!
Would you have put a guy in the game that you were committed to
sitting for the season?! What kind of message does that send the team?
And what does that say about you as a coach?! Volek should have been the starter, he has skills and isn't a retread like Kerry Collins....
Your thoughts?!

I think it's going to be a dogfight between Oakland and Green Bay for the first pick in next years draft...I don't know who'll get it but one thing for sure is they will be picking #'s 1 & 2.
Favre DEFINITELY should've retired!!! And you know that thought was running through his head after Sunday's loss..

The Broncos just took The Rams lightly....You don't like to see it but if it makes them play harder and take every team serious than it's an acceptable loss for learning purposes.....Their week 3 game with The Pats will be a real test as to if they're contenders or pretenders.

Come on man!!!! This gets real tired real fast....Every time the Falcons win a game early in the season the contingency from the south have them all packed and ready for the Super Bowl....It's not gonna happen!! Little Miss Vick will stub a toe, get a hangnail, have menstral cramps, etc...:lol: He won't play a complete season this year and anyone who's honest with themselves knows it.. If they didn't throw all that money at that clown Vick, Schaub would probably be the starter....Awesome Defense!! I love to watch it:kickass: ...But the player at QB is better on most teams they face.

I like your Jags pick!! If The Pats can't make it I'd love to see a Ravens v. Jags AFC Championship Game!!! The hits in that game would be brutal!!.. With the winner to face The Bears in the Super Bowl!!!

sixxswine said:
Packers will get the first pick in the draft...Favre should have retired don't you think?!:lol:
I was amazed how Rams beat the Broncos soundly...
I didn't see that coming.:ill:
Oh come on. You were surpised by the Falcon's win?! They have owned the Panthers until last season, it's business as usualy this year. Please...
They if they go 3-0 they will be guranteed to make the playoffs as they would have beaten the entire NFC South!!!!!!!:p
I like an All South Super Bowl, The Jaguars and The Falcons....
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I don't think Cutler will play this year unless Jake gets injured...I know there's alot of hate for Plummer from NFL fans everywhere but the guy is tough as nails and is a pretty good QB if people would concentrate on the good things he does instead of the bad. He had a GREAT season last year!! And I see no reason why he can't duplicate it. (IMO)

I like Kerry Collins...So don't get me wrong. But the Titans screwed Billy Volek in a big way!! He should be the starter peroid. In the off season when teams like The Jets, Vikings & Lions were making offers to The Titans to get Volek from them and they didn't take any offers I'm sure he thought he was going to be the man in Tenn this year....I hope this move falls flat!! And that Tenn has a horrible year and Jeff Fisher loses his job. And then the NFL brings back The Oilers!!:lol: :kickass:

sixxswine said:
Who else thinks Cutler will be the starter in Denver by mid-season?
And just "who" is the QB in Tennessee?!
Would you have put a guy in the game that you were committed to
sitting for the season?! What kind of message does that send the team?
And what does that say about you as a coach?! Volek should have been the starter, he has skills and isn't a retread like Kerry Collins....
Your thoughts?!

T_man357 said:
That game last night was a JOKE!!! (And I'm not talking about Miller being out of bounds...Whether they reviewed that play or not Pitt would've punched it it anyways) No the joke I'm talking about is all the ridiculous talk about no Big Ben, Can the Steelers win??? Am I the only guy who thinks Batch was a solid QB with The Lions??

Batch has never lost a game as a Steeler starter. He isn't Ben, but it is no accident he is successful. He makes smart decisions, has great touch on the ball (sometimes a lost art in the NFL) and quite often hits receivers in stride even better than Ben in the between the numbers routes.
"Big Ben" is a freaking artist at the sideline routes and outs, which makes him so dangerous as a Steeler QB (as it moves defenders away from the middle of the field to help the inside running game and Ward is an artist at the sideline catch as well.) That and his ability to break arm tackles due to his big size are really the only big advantages Ben has over Charlie. I think aside from Schaub, The Steelers probably have the best back-up QB in the game.

Bryant

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Steelers were still a major force. Im a die hard Dolphin fan , but I didnt count the Steelers out by any means. They are a great team. Culpepper started out well but fell behind and then defeated himself. Well as far as the Miller call well Steelers still wouldve scored but it couldve ended a little differently. Ehhh could a , would a , should a, Oh well Miami will probably crush the Bills if Dante can get his shit together. Stellers will steam roll all season, good for them too, ive got no problems.

I have never been big on Culpepper, but I am still not ruling out they can get it together offensively. He is the best post Marino QB the Phins have had and I think they will gel soon. 0-2 is tough way to start for any team though.

Bryant

T_man357 said:
The Broncos just took The Rams lightly....You don't like to see it but if it makes them play harder and take every team serious than it's an acceptable loss for learning purposes.....Their week 3 game with The Pats will be a real test as to if they're contenders or pretenders.

Come on man!!!! This gets real tired real fast....Every time the Falcons win a game early in the season the contingency from the south have them all packed and ready for the Super Bowl....It's not gonna happen!! Little Miss Vick will stub a toe, get a hangnail, have menstral cramps, etc...:lol: He won't play a complete season this year and anyone who's honest with themselves knows it.. If they didn't throw all that money at that clown Vick, Schaub would probably be the starter....Awesome Defense!! I love to watch it:kickass: ...But the player at QB is better on most teams they face.

You eatin' your words about ATL now? True he's mobile and at times takes unnecessary shots, but that's how he plays. You might not like the way he plays the postion, but you can't take anything away from his abilities.
And did the Broncos take the Chiefs lightly as well?!:p
What's the excuse next week?!:lol:

I hate to rain on your parade there Sixxy...Two games DO NOT make a Super Bowl..And his regular season ending injury hasn't happened yet....Eating my words?? That's funny!! It's like I said everytime The Falcons win a game people down south have them bound for the Super Bowl...Is there something in the water?? (Or is it years of inbreeding??:lol: :lol: ) Anyway your giving Vick WAY TOO MUCH credit...Replace their Defense with say..Green Bays and see how many games Vick wins...Not too mention how much faster he gets injured.

And last time I checked the Broncos won on Sunday...Are you residing in some type of alternate universe where they lost?? I can see you disliking Denver after the way they handed Atlanta their ass in the Super Bowl a few years ago...I guess that makes you a temporary Patriots fan on Sunday night.:erk:

sixxswine said:
You eatin' your words about ATL now? True he's mobile and at times takes unnecessary shots, but that's how he plays. You might not like the way he plays the postion, but you can't take anything away from his abilities.
And did the Broncos take the Chiefs lightly as well?!:p
What's the excuse next week?!:lol:

T_man357 said:
I hate to rain on your parade there Sixxy...Two games DO NOT make a Super Bowl..And his regular season ending injury hasn't happened yet....Eating my words?? That's funny!! It's like I said everytime The Falcons win a game people down south have them bound for the Super Bowl...Is there something in the water?? (Or is it years of inbreeding??:lol: :lol: ) Anyway your giving Vick WAY TOO MUCH credit...Replace their Defense with say..Green Bays and see how many games Vick wins...Not too mention how much faster he gets injured.

And last time I checked the Broncos won on Sunday...Are you residing in some type of alternate universe where they lost?? I can see you disliking Denver after the way they handed Atlanta their ass in the Super Bowl a few years ago...I guess that makes you a temporary Patriots fan on Sunday night.:erk:

I will have to split the difference between you both. Due to Vick taking uber hits, I agree with T-Man. Can Vick stay healthy ? I also think a vertical passing game is necessary for a team when they need to score quickly. Vick still doesn't seem to have that ability.
However, I was wrong when I thought Vick can't read defenses. The zone option he is using (at the extent he is succeeding at) right now requires almost as much reading defenses as a passing QB because he has to do it so quickly. That leads me to believe that he has a problem with accuracy, anticipation (knowing where his receivers will be when the ball arrives) or trouble with how much velocity to put on the ball. All of that stuff is mechanics and goes back to the QB coach.

Bryant

All you people who think The Broncos are going to win the AFC: West are high on crack. They are going to be fighting the Chiefs for a wildcard spot. I mean they could barely beat The Chiefs at Incesto with Green out of the game. The broncos are not an elite team this year and the only team that doesn't look absolutely horrible in the AFC:W is San Diego.

ShanaRat should bench Plummer now and start getting Cutler ready for next season when the Broncos will (unfortunately), most likely be competitive again.

Your Broncos played a MONSTER GAME!!! Congrats Wheez!!
Now lets only hope they can string together a few wins and start going forward....Sucks that their first step in the right direction came at The Pats expense!! But I have a feeling it's not the only time the teams will play this year....See you in the playoffs!!