O/T: NFL picks, season starts tomorrow!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
I love this Thursday night opener idea! Can't wait to see it come to Cleveland (yeah right)

Anyway, here are my picks:

AFC North: Cleveland Browns
AFC South: Indianapolis Colts
AFC East: NY Jets
AFC West: Denver Broncos
Wildcards: Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs

NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles
NFC West: Saint Louis Rams
Wildcards: SF 49ers, Chicago Bears

Having two new divisions certainly makes it tougher to get to the playoffs. A team in a shitty division could win the division at 9-7 while a team that finishes 11-5 or 10-6 and doesn't win the division could be locked out of the playoffs! Look for much bitching and schism about this playoff format if that happens.

AFC Champ: New York Jets
NFC Champ: St. Louis Rams
NFL Champ: New York Jets

Dude, did you forget about a team called the Steelers?!?! You don't even have them making the playoffs!! They've only replaced 2 starters from last year, and they've got the easiest schedule in the league. Steelers win the bowl, beating Philadelphia.

I myself am a huge NY Giants fan(have been since I was 7), and I must admit that the Giants have quite a task ahead of themselves tonight. I honestly don't think that they will beat the 49ers tonight, but I'm hear with my Jason Sehorn Jersey on and I'm ready and waiting for the game 2 start :eek:

Maybe the G-Men can give em good scare, or even uphold the NY honor for this night. All the 49ers fans at work gave me shit all day and I would love nothing more than to walk in to work tommorrow morning and give them a nice greasy shit burger! :D

But it will be a fairly big upset if it happens.

As for my predictions for the season, well, there are always a couple of surprises, but one things for sure coming out of the NFC and the AFC. Expect big things from the St. Louis Rams(again), and the Pittsburgh Steelers! Here are my thoughts on the divisions.

AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Indianapolis Colts
AFC East: Toughest division if the NFL this year(maybe the pats)
AFC West: Raiders
Wildcards: Miami & Denver

NFC North: Green Bay or Chicago(tuff choice)
NFC South: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles(hate to say it but true)
NFC West: Saint Louis Rams
Wildcards: SF 49ers, Chicago Bears & maybe the my NY Giants?(I know, I may be hoping for 2 much)

Hey Brat, don't worry. Your Cardinals aren't that far away from being a great team. Jake the Snake is a very able QB, and David Boston is one of the best in the game. Alittle more defense and they could be true contenders, but now they have to deal with the 49ers and the Rams, and that will be hard!

By the way, pretty damm good choices TD. Except you missed the Steelers, I think they are going kick some serious AFC ass!

Cheerz everybody!

I await the kickoff!

AugDawg

:lol: :lol: :eek:

haha, see you guys talk bout the steelers made my day. I'm hoping to get tickets to a couple home games. :D

I really don't follow football that much (I don't know whos hot and whos not) but I do like to watch the steelers play.

It's hard to get worked up about football when the Bengals have sucked since I was in high school. Hell, I'll be happy if they win six games again. At least hockey starts in about a month....

j

:confused:

Ohhhhhhh, so close but no cigar, God the Giants seem to be the best team in the league as far as losing close games :cry:

NY Giants-13 SF 49ers-16

Ohhhhhhh, the agony!

but I'm glad I made your day Casey C by talking about the Steelers! I think their gonna be good again this year, what I saw of them in the pre season certainly looks promising! They have a bad ass defense(just like last year) and a strange but powerful three QB system that looks pretty tuff. I think you'll be fine my man, I don't think you'll have that much despair this year.

:D

Jeffasin, You shouldn't worry too much either. :D

I think the Bengals will win at least 9 games this year. No shit, that division is alot better than people know. I myself watch alot of NFL camp previews and the Bengals are better than you might realize. :D

They may even be able to sneak in one or two more wins then my perdiction!

but back to my Giants! :cry:

God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do they always lose in HEARTBREAKING FASHION!

Oh well, at least they gave it their all! :)

Cheerz everybody!

The NFL season has begun!

AugDawg

Originally posted by Casey C
haha, see you guys talk bout the steelers made my day. I'm hoping to get tickets to a couple home games. :D

I really don't follow football that much (I don't know whos hot and whos not) but I do like to watch the steelers play.

That's all the matters Casey! If you good enough to follow your team through thick and thin, then I can totally respect that! :D

There's nothing better than a true fan, for real! The Steelers would appreciate you for saying so!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I hate the Cardinals. They suck. I wish they would have moved when Bidwell threatened it. Let L.A. deal with their stupid asses. Now their stadium is not only approved, but they actually decided on a site for it. You know how many homeless people they could help with that $350 million????

Any team is pathetic when their fans are hoping against hope for an 8-8 season, and never plan on the playoffs. The Cardinals' problems aren't in their players, it's in their coaching and upper management. But since there's a buttload of nepitism going on around there, no one's getting fired anytime soon. Bidwell isn't Colangelo. (I'm still cracking up over that one, although Ty might be the only one who knows what I'm talking about).