O/T Life of Agony; Cleveland, 2/2

Steve M

Surasshu Metaru
Feb 1, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
www.anthrax.com
Ty posted before about the columbus LOA show and said it was great. I saw em tonight in cleveland and fuck... was Ty right. if they are coming anywhere near you, go. it is your civic duty... in addition to voting for anthrax on the ZONE and donating sperm.

the place was fucking packed. i haven't seen a show at this venue this packed in a while. they sounded fucking great, like they hadn't been apart for six years. they covered most of the classics, missed a few... played one new one. fucking heavy song. this of river runs red's music with soul searching sun vocals. brutal and beautiful.

go buy your tickets... tickets for the show or a plane... whatever it may be, get them now.

here's the setlist. i tried to keep it in order....

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]river runs red
this time
my eyes
other side
seasons
bad seed
i regret
weeds
lost at 22
how it would be
through & through
love to let you down
method of groove (with the guy from flaw, WHAT THE FUCK?! C'MON!)
underground
[/font]

I was way too blasted to remember that set, but that sounds like what they played in Columbus. Hey Steve, were there fights all over the place? In Columbus, people were fighting like mad. It was silly, but since I wasn't fighting, I just watched with glee (never break up a fight in public, if the coppers show up, they can arrest you too).

TD said:
I was way too blasted to remember that set, but that sounds like what they played in Columbus. Hey Steve, were there fights all over the place? In Columbus, people were fighting like mad. It was silly, but since I wasn't fighting, I just watched with glee (never break up a fight in public, if the coppers show up, they can arrest you too).
Are you kidding? Steve M was STARTING the fights! :headbang:

i didn't see one fight all night. i'm actually suprised with how crazy the pit was... crazy for a cleveland show that is.

it seemed like the people there to see LOA were genuinely there to experience them again and enjoy it. i can't count how many times i high fived some guy i didn't know after a song, or had someone wrap their arm around me and just belt out the song together.... i hate to sound sappy, but it was a really emotional show.