O/T New album next month (not Burzum neither!)

So, what you're saying, in a smart ass way, is that you simply don't like death metal, but find frogs/toads hilarious and iconic?

LOL. I used to be very in to death metal. I still have some favorites I listen to. Once Upon the Cross and the self titled were favorites back in highschool but they just don't do it for me much anymore.
I just think it's interesting that your user and avatar are jethro tull related. I'm a fan of the earlier Tull stuff. It's just interesting to see that there are other people like me with gigantic ranges of taste in music. I range in favorite artists (amphibians aside) from Maiden to Seal.

Deicide was cool for a minute. Their S/T album / Legions/ Once Upon The Cross were all great. After that it was the same thing over and over again. Satan, Sucks, Kill Jesus, blah blah. I have met those guys Benton is actually a very funny guy. But the kill jesus thing and how much he hates god gets tiring. You know what they say about people that talk so much shit on one thing, they usually are the opposite of what they say. He is probably going to be a born again christian in the near future :lol:

I saw them live back on the S/T tour, Legion Tour, and the Once Upon The Cross tour. I was a huge fan back then but was usually dissapointed with their live performance. I remember seeing them with Suffocation and Suffocation destroyed the live.

But I will always throw those first 3 albums in and rock out now and then while feeling like I am going to rot in hell while listening

Deicide's 'Scars of the crucifix' song is pretty cool. How about some SIX FEET UNDER. Haunted and Maximum Violence are classics from them, while newer albums like 'Commandment', couldnt hold a candle.

Deicide's 'Scars of the crucifix' song is pretty cool. How about some SIX FEET UNDER. Haunted and Maximum Violence are classics from them, while newer albums like 'Commandment', couldnt hold a candle.

Yeah well I never even was a HUGE fan of Six Feet Under. Haunted was pretty good same with Maximum Violence. I like them but was nothing like Cannibal Corpse. I am more of a Chris Barnes fan than Six Feet Under fan. The first few albums had some funding so they were able to give them proper production. Now the albums are put out on a shoe string and the production value has made alot of the newer albums lack in quality.

But I actually love the "13" album. Brutal and raw as fuck. Chris Barnes is hilarious. I always get a kick of watching him live and reading his lyrics.

INSIDE MY SKULL MAGGOTS STILL CRAWL!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only album I properly listened to was "Serpents Of The Light" and liked it. But I always thought Benton "When-I-turn-33-I-will-kill-myself" was a kind of poseur.

Benton may be a poseur and talk a lot of crap but he's a major part of their success. He's also one of metal's more interesting and amusing characters.

As for Maidenboy getting bored of Deicide never changing - I thought you loved Slayer, even though they've been singing about the exact same shit for as long as Deicide. At least Benton is something of a Satanist unlike Tom Araya. You really do just talk a load of pish. :lol:
I suggest everyone check out the Stench of Redemption album, it's the best thing Deicide have ever done and a whole light year ahead of shit like Christ Illusion or World Painted Blood (what original album titles eh?!)

How come EVERY thread ends up with Maidenboy talking shit about whatever it is people are posting about?

Jono, Tull are my favourite band. I love mid-era Fairport Convention too. :)

Benton may be a poseur and talk a lot of crap but he's a major part of their success. He's also one of metal's more interesting and amusing characters.

As for Maidenboy getting bored of Deicide never changing - I thought you loved Slayer, even though they've been singing about the exact same shit for as long as Deicide. At least Benton is something of a Satanist unlike Tom Araya. You really do just talk a load of pish. :lol:
I suggest everyone check out the Stench of Redemption album, it's the best thing Deicide have ever done and a whole light year ahead of shit like Christ Illusion or World Painted Blood (what original album titles eh?!)

How come EVERY thread ends up with Maidenboy talking shit about whatever it is people are posting about?

Jono, Tull are my favourite band. I love mid-era Fairport Convention too. :)

Stench of Redemption better than the S/T or Legions? LOL Now you really are smoking crack. Who is comparing Deicide to Slayer? If you want to, Slayer sings about social issues, war, society, and religion. They are the pioneers of extreme metal. Don't even try saying Deicide is a better band than Slayer. You don't want to go that route. Glen Benton is a fake fat ass pussy and doesn't back up anything he preaches. He was supposed to kill himself already. But instead he gets divorced and cry's like a bitch. But all that said I still like Deicides music. Have seen them many times live, have you? I bet not